BMW 1 Series Convertible - No claims Bonus proof req'd - TTToommy

I had Tesco car insurance on my old Honda and when I got my new BMW decided for the first year to get BMW insurance thrown into the deal.

My Tesco insurance came to an end , Tesco Car Ins. insisted that the new years policy documents which they had just sent out had to be sent back (to a leeds address) Now BMW insurance which strangely enough has the same address needs proof that I have 9 yrs NCB by having a copy of documents that I've just sent back sent to them!

- Ive asked for documentary prrof from Tescos in Leeds to keep BMW Ins in Leeds happy, due to the delay BMW are warning me that they will be forced to charge the full amount - I find it ludicrous (never been asked for proof before) that the same parent company has to have me ask them to get proof of this - is it just a silly jobsworth thing?

BMW 1 Series Convertible - No claims Bonus proof req'd - smilleynially

Hi,

Did Tesco ask you to send back 'all' documents? Normally, you'll get sent your renewal notice before your insurance expires which shows your no claims discount entitlement. This is what is asked for by a new insurer confirming your n/c discount entitlement.

All that Tesco or insurers in general would ask for back is a new certificate of insurance which has I guess been sent out even though you haven't renewed with Tesco. They don't need to have been sent back the renewal documents.

I know as I have just changed insurers myself.

Cheers.

BMW 1 Series Convertible - No claims Bonus proof req'd - TTToommy

I sent the renewal notice to BMW insurance in Leeds - they wrote back and insisted they will only accept a proper notification (no photocopies, no this, no that) - I'm now in this silly position that I have to write (well actually written three times ) to one person in the Leeds office who deals with Tesco Car Insurance to get them to send me a "proper notification of NCD" which I will then have to send to another person in the same office that deals with the BMW side of the business

PS As an aside why do these companies insist on proper notification whilst pushing paper free accounts and services for a lower cost - great untiul you change or move!

BMW 1 Series Convertible - No claims Bonus proof req'd - Vitesse6

If I were a cynical soul I would say it is to make the change of insurance companies as difficult and troublesome as possible.

I recently added my wife to my policy and the brokers had full details of her claims history on their computer system, even though she has never been insured with that broker before.

The final nonsense came when adding her two years no claims record to my 5 years no claims record reduced the cost of the insurance!