Help me please!! - Epic 80
I bought a vr6 last week, and although i love the car very much, my financial circumstances have changed, and i cannot afford to keep the car. What would be the best way to sell it so that i get my money back? It was £1000 under book price. I am worried that people will not want it because i have had it such a short time. What should I do?
Help me please!! - Mike H
Answering your second question first, be honest when asked why you are selling it, and don't be too ambitious with the asking price.

You could try putting an ad in the classified section of this site (sorry, haven't checked, you may already have done this). You could try eBay, QXL, Exchane & Mart online. Is there an owners club website? I haven't had to sell a car for a while, so can't help you more than this.
Help me please!! - Vansboy
If you bought from a dealer,offer it back to him, he knows it's value, he may have had other interest in it.
If private seller, get in touch to see if they had many calls, even got other prospective purchasers details.
Otherwise, talk to nearest British Car Auction, see what they think.
Mark
Help me please!! - Carmad 10000
Hi,

shame to hear you cant keep the VR6.
Try

www.findit.co.uk
www.autotrader.co.uk
www.ebay.co.uk
www.autoweekly.co.uk
www.exchangeandmart.co.uk

They are probably your best options however, the VR6 maybe a difficult car to sell on due to its large engine size - if it was a gti it would be easy.

Be realistic on its price too. Another idea would be to ring around some independent car traders - they know its value but you are more likely to get a better price that way than via a main dealer.

Help me please!! - Hugo {P}
Sorry to hear about your changing circumstances.

If you have the time, I would certainly advertise it privately. State "Genuine Reason for Sale" in your ad.
When people ask why you're selling, be up front and honest. Don't appear to want it to go at any price. Just go about this as you would any transaction. IE you wish to sell the car because.....

I have sold a number of cars for relatives and have been up front and told buyers so (no coice really as the names and adresses on the V5s were not mine!). I have never felt that people didn't believe me. Try to understand why they may doubt you but at the end of the day, if they don't believe you it's their loss, the next person will have that opportunity to buy a very good car for sensible money.