moped insurance policy - Fleabie36

Hi

i purchased a moped for my daughter for her 16th birthday, the shop registered the moped in my name. I found a good deal on insurance and she is named policy policy holder, I was on the phone for nearly an hour giving all the information required. I was not asked if my daughter was the registered keeper and thought nothing of it.

Today i telephoned the insurance they said they couldn't talk to me even though i set up the insurance for her and in the next breath told me my daughter is not insured because she is not the named registered keeper for the bike, so they have said she has not been covered since 29th January but has been riding it thinking she was.

Is this correct, surely they should have asked the question of the registered keeper in the first place, what should i do?

I

moped insurance policy - Dutchie

Did you mention that your daugther who is sixteen whould be riding the moped? Maybe you should have mentioned that the moped is hers.You might have to go somewhere else to get her insured and give them all the details.Hope this helps.

moped insurance policy - Vitesse6

Maybe register the moped in her name if this is the sticking point with the insurance company.

moped insurance policy - Fleabie36

yes i informed them of this a few times over the phone and the guy just proceeded with the policy, thats why i don't understand why the question was never asked as to who was the registered keeper, i guess i will just have to send back the log book and then it will add another person as an owner. It makes me so cross and frustrated and if anything had happened between 29th Jan and now she would not have been covered.

moped insurance policy - Dutchie

I had a problem like this a week ago with somebody I was talking to on the phone regarding our car insurance.

The chap on the other end was not listening to me and had his own agenda he kept talking.

I understand how you feel and hope it is sorted soon when talking on the phone to somebody ask them to roughly repeat what you have said to avoid misunderstanding and make notes.

moped insurance policy - LucyBC
It's about having an "insured interest".

The insured person should have an interest in the vehicle and so normally they, their spouse or a lease company should be listed on the V5.

As there seem to have been no claims there is no harm done but you need to swap the V5 into your daughter's name and then the policy will be valid.