Driving licence - manoj5480
I know of a law which allows you to drive whilst you await the outcome of a driving licence application, I have applied to DVLA and I am awaiting result of medical, on my original application I was permitted to drive whilst I await my results. Now because of confusion between DVLA and independent doctor, I was stopped and my car seized, fined £170 and was given 6 points, I was not told that I am not allowed to drive however I was told I was, I would like to claim this money back if I have a chance. I again applied for my licence and again I should be allowed to drive whilst I await the outcome but this time DVLA say because I have a revocation I am not permitted to drive, I was under the understanding that as soon as I reapply the revocation come of.

Please help me.

Thank you
Driving licence - LucyBC

You are allowed to continue to drive while awaiting the results of a medical examinination but if your licence is revoked as a result of that examination then you are not entitled to drive until:

1). You have been examined by your doctor who agrees you meet the medical standards of fitness to drive before you re-apply for your driving licence. These standards are set out in the 'At a glance guide to the current standards of fitness to drive'. All medical practitioners have access to this publication; and

2). You have reapplied for your licence and received it back from the DVLA.

Merely applying for your licence does not lift the revocation.

My licence was revoked because doctor told DVLA that I had not arranged an appointment although I had the examination. The confusion was I tried to arrange appointment with doctor, the doctor said he no papers for me, so I rang DVLA and they sent them to doctor, I then arranged the appointment and had my examination. DVLA revoked my licence because they thought I didn't do my medical.
Driving licence - LucyBC

When I started out DVLA customer service used to be better than a 5-Star hotel at dealing with cases like this but they seem to slip year-on-year and are developing an attitude which seems to be more closely based on the Ryanair philospophy - which is refuse every reasonable suggestion.

I am looking for a test case to bring against them with a view to making them more responsive but I am afraid I don't think yours is strong enough.

There is a possibility of litigation in the circumstances you outline but I would need to know more before I could persuade someone to take it on and bring it.

Email me all the information you require and I will do my best to answer them thoroughly and honestly, I am aggrieved at the way they dealt with my case.