vw golf gtd - delivery delays - littlejohn

I ordered a Golf GTD back in July and I still don't even have a build date - although the dealer said when I placed the order that it would be delivered Nov/Dec time. Now (after many excuses) the latest is that they may be able tosupply a build date in a few weeks time and delivery may be in about 20 weeks (!). This is all they could tell even after complaining at many places, even to the German HQ!

They had many excuses so far - eg high demand for the DSG gearbox, a fire in the gearbox factory, etc. Most recently the dealer claimed that VW cut all of the dealerships' allocations from 6 to 2, without even telling them. It's getting difficult to believe anything they tell me and anyway, who cares? All I want is a car, not excuses.

It's simply ridiculous..

vw golf gtd - delivery delays - Collos25

In Germany they are complaining that it takes a minium 9 months to deliver a VAG product to the German market.They have full order books are taking a reduced Christmas break and setting on 55,000 new workers to try and keep up with demand.I live very near the Pheaton factory in Dresden and they are producing 24/7 and still falling behind with some 80%of cars China bound.

I supect they will try and fill the home market and China before they make RHD models for the UK.

vw golf gtd - delivery delays - bintang

Pretty much in line with what youy say, Andy, HJ gave a possible reason in his newspaper column for this and other German cars. Exchange rates at the moment make other markets more profitable so finished cars are going there.

vw golf gtd - delivery delays - Dutchie

This is the second company with delivery problems to the UK .Hyunda first and now VW.

If these other markets are more profitable wo will be next for delayed delivery Fiat and others?

The pound has nearly the same value as the euro I believe 1 euro 17 cents to the pound.And 20%VAT for next year something to look forward to.