"New" Subaru dilemma - John Regin
3 years ago took company car allowance and took a personal lease on a car. As they now want more than £100 per month more for replacement (same) car, decided to bite the bullet and use the allowance to fund a loan for a new car.

Eventually decided on Subaru Legacy, ordered end April for delivery Aug 18 (they were quoting >3 months delivery). Shopped around and got a 4.5% discount, seemed to be as good as would get for a Subaru. Main reason for choice was ?reliability? and residuals. Aware that Subarus can be lying around unsold for some time, tried to be canny and ordered a current colour (violet blue mica) and a factory fitted alarm. Hoped this would ensure we got a fresh import.

The car arrived some time in June, only found out by accident it had arrived. Went to inspect, find it is wrong colour (deep blue) and has aftermarket (Cobra) alarm, also one damaged wheel.

So, is this a new colour (Subaru seem to change pretty frequently), should I reject it or demand a bigger discount? Not happy as left with feeling being conned.

No I don't want a Citroen - my local dealer is an a**e!
Subaru delivery. - David Woollard
John,

I would be left feeling very very unhappy with this situation. In buying a new car and standing the massive first few years depreciation you are subsidising the rest of us so we can buy these cars in middle age.

At the very least you should get what you ordered and enjoy it.

You see you mentioned the Citroen, so it is in the back of your mind!

David