2003 Mondeo 2.0 ghia Estate - Wet Headliner - deemster007

Just bought this car from the in-laws as its very low mileage and regulary service etc. Just had some torrential rain yesterday and water is coming into the cabin from the headlining around the map lights/sunroof controls. It also seems to be coing in somewhere near the back of the drivers head.

Any ideas?

2003 Mondeo 2.0 ghia Estate - Wet Headliner - Collos25

Has it a roof aeriel

2003 Mondeo 2.0 ghia Estate - Wet Headliner - honeybear

The magic word here is" Sunroof", older car,damaged or perished seals,blocked drain holes, all the cars that I have owned with a sunroof have always had a leak/problem that needed attention somewhere.

2003 Mondeo 2.0 ghia Estate - Wet Headliner - jc2

All Fords from about 1990 onwards have a rario aerial at the front but are not known for leaking but sunroofs need the drains checked regularly.

2003 Mondeo 2.0 ghia Estate - Wet Headliner - Collos25

I missed the the "sunroof switch" all is clear now used to cure them with gaffer tape you could never use it again but it never leaked..

2003 Mondeo 2.0 ghia Estate - Wet Headliner - Waino

We used to have a Mondeo Mk1 estate that leaked from a break in the rear screen washer line as it passed over the lining. The kids thought it was a hoot when they got showered in the back seat! This happened in my mate's Mondeo estate as well; he didn't see the funny side of it and hasn't driven a Ford since.