04 1600 Brake sticking on - Citroënian {P}
Evening all

I'm sure this is a quick answer if you know anything about cars...which of course I don't!

My MX5 had new discs and pads last year, has been parked up more or less since September with only a few runs out. Took it out yesterday and it seems like the drivers side brake is sticking on - funny smell, wheel hot.

I've arranged to take it to a local garage tomorrow but was wondering what may be causing it - I'm hoping a bit of lubrication will be the fix, but could it be more serious, i.e. expensive?

Would appreciate if anyone could give me an idea of what to expect it to be before I go to the garage.

TIA
Lee

04 1600 Brake sticking on - WorkshopTech
Potentially could be a siezed caliper which could be up to £200 all in depending how your garage deal with it. But most likely a strip and clean of the pads from caliper carriers will sort it.
04 1600 Brake sticking on - Tommk4
I take it you are talking about the rear brake? This is not surprising really considering it is not driven often. It will most likely fix itself after a decent drive, simply reversing the car will often solve the problem.

It shouldn't cost you much at a garage, I'd say £50 at the most, unless something really serious has happened, which is unlikely.

To prevent it happening in future, when parking the car for long periods, do not use the handbrake but leave it in gear.