Don't Ask Ripley - Obsolete
So, Ask Ripley is no more. It's a pity. I liked his column and learnt a lot from it.

Can anyone dish the dirt on his ousting? He was a bit sharp towards letter writers at times. Maybe this is wot did for 'im?

NB: For those who do not read the Sat. Telegraph, Ask Ripley was a sort of advanced motoring column by an advanced driving instructor. One of the paper's best bits, beside HJ's column of course. Errm,is that enough flattery?)
Don't Ask Ripley - BrianW
I think that maybe he'd covered the basics of safe driving many times over and that there's a limit to the number of ways you can say the same thing.
Repeat after me: observation, observation, observation, anticipation, reaction, consideration.
Don't Ask Ripley - volvoman
Only saw the column a few times and thought it was good. Surely if the message is sound and people are still asking the questions what's wrong with repeating it.
Don't Ask Ripley - Cliff Pope
Couldn't we have him on this forum, and we could all post our questions here instead?
We might get answers too - which I never had from the old Ripley.
Don't Ask Ripley - volvoman
A good idea but I guess he'd need recompense and who'd pay ? Not sure HJ's pockets are that deep ;-)