Best car wax - Niallster
Thinking of giving the old machine a once over.

Whats the Backrooms opinion on the best car wax as in the best result for the least effort?
Best car wax - bathtub tom
Wax, or polish?
Best car wax - turbo11
For me, I start with Autoglm super resin polish. Then if you want a wax that lasts, I use Meguiars Mirrorglaze. Hard work to apply, but lasts for ages. For an easier weekend then choose Harly wax. Goes on and comes off very easily.Great finish but doesn't last as long as Mirrorglaze.
Best car wax - turbo11
Forgot to mention, the Mirrorglaze is the No.16 paste wax. You can purchase either this or Harly wax off the net.
Best car wax - gordonbennet
The easiest wax i've used has got to be Mer, don't know whether it's as good as others but by far the quickest in my limited experience.
Best car wax - FotheringtonThomas
I bought some stuff called "wash 'n' wax" with carnuba in it, a while ago. I have no idea whether it's any good. I wonder how long it keeps for. I bought it in a moment of madness, and it's been sitting in the workshop ever since. If I were ever to clean a car, it'd be a trip through the local washer, I think.
Best car wax - riddler
Turtle Wax Metallic paste a tin of this will last for years as its very hard wearing and only has to be used once or twice a year. No solvents in the paste so a harder long lasting coating.
Best car wax - bell boy
autosmart mirror image
its da best
Best car wax - oldtoffee
>>as in the best result for the least effort?

A glaze will give a better shine than most of the waxes and will take maybe 10 minutes to apply to a normal size car. You can layer on 3 coats in less time than waxing a car and most of the "pros" seem to think it lasts longer - I'm converted and use Jeffs Workstat Acrylic and I used to swear by Collinite.
Best car wax - Rudedog
Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax, easy on easy off, very very good.
Best car wax - L'escargot
It never ceases to amaze me how some people spend hours cleaning and polishing their car, but hardly give the state of their shoes a second thought. Talk about fur coat but no knickers! The mark of a true gentleman/lady is when your shoes are polished all over ~ including the the soles.
Best car wax - DP
I rarely bother with either, so I'm not sure what that says about me. ;-)

I was having the shoe debate with a work colleague the other day. He feels as strongly as you L'escargot which is why he spends a couple of evenings a week cleaning and polishing not only his shoes, but his wife's and both his kids' shoes too.

He reckons its cathartic.
Best car wax - Lygonos
Re. shoes - I've always found that polishing a new pair of shoes every week for the first 4 weeks means they only ever need a slight buff and perhaps re.wax every 6 months after that.

Cars are much the same - clean thoroughly, polish/wax, and then every few weeks simply shampoo - re.wax every 6 months or so.

If you are only keeping a car for 2-3 years, don't waste time and money washing/waxing at all - just give it a good clean before you return/sell it !
Best car wax - Niallster
Um, thought I'd made it clear I was talking about waxing by using wax in the thread title. Anyhow thanks for the suggestions.

As for shoes I am originally from Northampton so it's Barkers of Earls Barton for me shined to within an inch of their life.

Quote from a Brighton low life 'wow man your wearing like shoes, who wears like shoes anymore'.
Best car wax - Lygonos
Some polishes also wax (eg. Autoglym Super Resin - the red one).

Waxing a car that hasn't been washed and polished is less effective/long lasting.

Perhaps a shampoo/wax for ultimate laziness eg. Hotwax type stuff.
Best car wax - Lygonos
Um, thought I'd made it clear I was talking about waxing by using wax in the thread title <<

Meeooow!

You need this stuff: tinyurl.com/bestwax

Least effort as in paying Paul 5 grand to 'correct' your car.

Edited by Lygonos on 14/11/2009 at 17:20

Best car wax - adverse camber
As for shoes I am originally from Northampton so it's Barkers of Earls Barton for
me shined to within an inch of their life.
Quote from a Brighton low life 'wow man your wearing like shoes who wears like
shoes anymore'.

Barkers? Pleb!

Crockett & Jones or Trickers. Or that other place that turns out the Lobb off the shelf range Greens or something?