Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - FotheringtonThomas
If I'm passing, I will be sure to fill up here:

tinyurl.com/yzhln4w

Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - Chris M
Not sure I'd want to pay over the top for stale petrol though.
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - Clk Sec
My word, that brings back some fond memories.

Clk Sec
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - FotheringtonThomas
stale petrol

What gives you the impression that i's "stale"?
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - pmh3
With only 10 customers a week he will not be refilling his tank frequently!

At that rate he is probably still selling petrol that he bought in £sd. Nice profit margin.
>>With only 10 customers a week he will not be refilling his tank frequently!

He would have one more if I lived nearby.

Clk Sec
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - Badwolf
Make that two!
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - pmh3
How about making the next HJ meet at his local pub.

The stress of filling us all up would probably finish him off. I assume that it is not self service.
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - Dynamic Dave
"Fuel at this garage will cost £5.53 per gallon - slightly more expensive than normal because of the garage's remote location."

*Slightly* is an understatement to say the very least. That works out to be approx £1.22 a litre.
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - bhoy wonder
Have to agree if they where near me I would use them. Good on him for not moving with the times. A lot of people would have given up a long time ago against all the multi nationals.
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - Alanovich
Much as I'd like to agree, were I in the situation I think I'd probably not be buying from him at 10 pounds per tank more than I could buy elsewhere. Shame on me. Perhaps the odd emergency fill up.
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - Alby Back
That pic so reminds me of a little garage I stopped at once or twice in deepest darkest Norfolk. It was a lifetime ago and I had recently started working for a Norwich based company. They had issued me with a then new Vauxhall Cavalier Mk1 ( yucky yellow )and a company American Express card. Charge and credit cards were still fairly uncommon in those days and I clearly remember the garage proprietor's response when I asked if I could pay for my four star with my Amex. The second word was "off".

I sometimes wonder if it's still there. I hope so for some irrational reason.
>>The stress of filling us all up would probably finish him off. I assume that it is not self service.

Not sure about that. Did PG say a while back that only a few turned at the last get-together?

Nice thought though.

Clk Sec
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - Lud
Has anyone else ever had their car filled up from a hand-operated fuel pump? A lever or handle that had to be moved back and forth.

Pumps were all like that once, and there were still a few left in remote parts when I started driving.
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - Alby Back
No, but I have siphoned some out of my father's Volvo when desperate......
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - craneboy
I wonder what sort of state the underground storage tanks are in?
Laurel garage, Ramsbury, Wilts. - honeybear
Does anyone remember the 24Hr petrol pumps back in the 70's I can remember them in remote parts of Scotland and they were operated by inserting a 1 pound note into a slide system to dispense I would guess back then a gallon of fuel. I can remember an essential part of family holidays being a supply of new crisp notes as these were far more acceptable to the machine.