02 2.0HDi DIY servicing help - alhendy
I am about to service my 2.0 hdi peugout partner. Any profesional/insider advice about best practise for changing filters etc so I can do a decent job of it
Thanks in advance
Alan

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/10/2009 at 02:09

02 2.0HDi DIY servicing help - adverse camber
Use a filter wrench for the oil filter because I dont think it is possible to apply any force at all by hand (because of the positioning) I use one of hte band type because I dont want to end up with a filter that is stuck but has a hole in it.

There seems to be two different fuel filter housing designs - one has a socket fitting to make it easy to open - mine doesnt. Make sure the housing is very clean before disturbing any connections. Try not to break the top because a new housing is £50+

I know some people replace the housing as a matter of course to avoid any issues. Air filter is easy and I use a suction pump to change the oil.
02 2.0HDi DIY servicing help - dam
Well,oil filter ok to get off,use socket with strap or belt even bett 3 arm tightens on filter, fuel filter is complete with housing im sure, not cheap,dont use suction they leave to much behind let it drain off,