96 1300 Clutch wont disengage - bonnietiler
Hi, I wonder if anyone can hep? driving along in my Ford Fiesta Encore 1.3, parked up left it in gear, returned to car, put car in neutral and pressed clutch, the clutch felt exactly as it always has (full pressure) but no drive after engaging a gear, the car will not move almost as if the clutch has jammed on. So I start the car and you can get it to go in any gear engine running, even reverse (with a bit of a bump) but no drive at all.
Has it turned up its curly toed slippers, or is it actually jammed on in some way.
Is it an easy home fix (replacement wise), I'm pretty handy...the "Bonnie" in my name Bonnietiler is the motorcycle that I ride, so you need to know one end of a spanner from another!
Many thanks
Bonnietiler
96 1300 Clutch wont disengage - bell boy
what happens if you pump the clutch pedal prior to trying to drive it?
Nothing, no difference at all, just tried it..
bonnietiler
96 1300 Clutch wont disengage - bathtub tom
I presume you've checked no-ones nicked your wheels and left the car sitting on bricks?

More seriously. Get someone to look under the bonnet with the engine running, in gear, with the clutch pedal up and the brakes firmly on (you don't want to run them over if the fault should mysteriously rectify itself). Can you see either drive shaft turning?
No movement in the driveshafts.
regards
Bonnietiler
96 1300 Clutch wont disengage - bathtub tom
Seems like something major in the gearbox/diff department.

Scrapyard for another one?
96 1300 Clutch wont disengage - freman
Had a similar problem on a Hillman Hunter donkies years ago, turned out to be the splined hub had stripped out of the driven plate,hence no drive & the clutch pedal felt normal.