Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - tanvir
...that it is easy to see you.

So put your headlights on in the heavy rain, please. The spray on the A38 earlier today was fog light worthy.

tanvir
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - bell boy

we all do on here tanvir
its the plebs who know all know nowt that you need to tell
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - stunorthants26
I think your overlooking the fact that many drivers cant see past their own needs regarding visability - most likely the same people who think that indicating is only required when they think their pinpoint 360 degree vision hasnt picked up anyone who may need them to do so.
Seems likely they are the ones who drive through town at night with no lights on because they can see where THEY are going - young lady doing this tonight at 9pm in Northampton.
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - V69
If you need your wipers on, you need your lights.
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - Cliff Pope
If you need your wipers on you need your lights.

Not if it's just splash from an old puddle or you or the car ahead using washers.
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - CGNorwich
Seems likely they are the ones who drive through town at night with no lights on because they can see where THEY are going - young lady doing this tonight at 9pm in Northampton.

Have you never ever done this? - usually result of driving from a brightly lit service area onto a well lit road
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - Pugugly
....with instruments that look the same whether the lights are on or off ---- Honda(cough cough)
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - Westpig
what gets me is the amount of people that take a conscious decision to put some lights on in bad weather during daylight hours....then only turn the dial one notch for sidelights, which unless it's twilight, makes no difference at all...cretins
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - Pugugly
Both my road bikes have hard-wired headlamps. BMW's being more intelligent in that they don't come on until the motor is running. Honda another lesson here - especially when the battery is weak.

I don't agree with daylight running lamps but I suppose they are there for Westpig's cretins.
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - alfatrike
i have constant dipped beam on the bike (guzzi ev). it has killed 2 batteries that i know of. saved my skin and life more than a few times.
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - stunorthants26
Have you never ever done this? - usually result of driving from a brightly lit service area onto a well lit road <<

No, I havent. Regardless of background light, I know when its dark outside as I drive with eyes in the OPEN position. Its a very basic driving skill and should be second nature.
Drifting isnt something everyone can do, turning on lights and indicators when required is to car driving what breathing is to the human body - its done automatically and anyone who can make such an elemantary mistake should have their license taken away immediately as there is frankly enough stupidity on the roads without people who apply a single figure IQ when they get behind the wheel.
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - bathtub tom
>>then only turn the dial one notch for sidelights,

My KIA Pride's got dim-dip.

Might revive an old thread? ;>)
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - Old Navy
How about mandatory auto lights, I will miss them if my next car does not have them. Trouble is you still have to override them on in bright poor visibility.
How about mandatory auto lights,

I believe that they are already their way. Daytime running lights will be mandatory in EU in 2011
anyone who can make such an elemantary mistake should have their license taken away immediately as there is frankly enough stupidity on the roads without people who apply a single figure IQ when they get behind the wheel.

Unfortunately I cannot claim such perfection and must admit to having done this several times in my 42 years of accident free driving. That's a good tip about driving with the eyes in the open position - Will try to remember but my lack of IQ might hold me back.
Just because you can see ok, that doesn't mean... - Sofa Spud
I never understood why daytime driving lights didn't catch on or become a legal requirement. It's probably because they were introduced on Volvos and Saabs. If it had been BMW or Audi who pioneered them, they'd have quickly become the norm.
Now that VW fit them to the Golf Mk 6, and they look pretty cool, perhaps they will make a comeback.

Not that daytime driving lights would be enough in heavy rain and spray anyway - you ned dipped headlights then.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 29/08/2009 at 11:51