Yes, I know, I know (Clio) - Citroënian {P}
Hullo

Well, this is how things usually work out. Sell the Xantia, rely solely on the Clio for about 6 weeks until we're back to two cars and 2 days into it, the blinking thing blows its head gasket. Chuffed. Over the serding moon, me.

So it's now in a garage, and I've asked them to replace the timing belt as the engine will be in bits anyway. Is there anything else I should be getting them to do while they're in there? And is there anything I should be careful of when I collect the car (bank statements aside of course).

Oh and the AA patrol that dragged me in thought it was the starter motor; the garage got a new one, fitted it and burned it out taking the battery with it. Where do I stand with that?

I'm not the happiest bunny today.
Lee.

PS - Yes, I know, I know I've been warned about Clios before. But it's only done 37k, properly serviced, didn't expect this! Oh, it's the 1.4RT - Auto - yes, I know, I'll be quiet now.

Yes, I know, I know (Clio) - Phil I
If the Clio is at a Renault Franchise I should surrender immediately. If at independant mechanical expert theres still some hope. The cock up with Starter Motor does not sound good at all. Probably took the ECU out with the battery.

Sorry to be so cheerful but keep us informed please Lee.

Phil I
It's at an independent, so I'll have to wait, I'll keep you posted about the "save the clio" fund raising campaign.

Lee

Loves driving, hates garages
Yes, I know, I know (Clio) - jg
Hi,

I just wondered how old the car is and how often the coolant had been changed.

Have you any idea of what could have caused the gasket to blow?

The only thing that I can think of that you might want to consider having done while it is being sorted out at the garage is to have the auto gearbox oil changed.

Not sure if the coolant has been changed, I wasn't involved in the servicing of the car. But I'm wondering what sort of thing can cause the head gasket to fail - I don't think the cars been doing anything unusual lately.

Lee.