Toyota Prius Warranty - cuthbert
The new Toyota Prius has been getting some very good reviews and was considering one but I have noticed that they have cut the warranty on the Hybrid Synergy Drive system from 100,000 miles and 8 years to 5 years and 60,000 miles do members of the forum think it will have a affect on long term residuals on the car.
Toyota Prius Warranty - b308
It'll certainly make people wonder why... don't they trust their engineering?!

What would be more important to me if I were to buy one out of warranty would be how the Warranty Companies treat them, if you could get reasonably priced after market warranty then ok, if not I wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole...
Toyota Prius Warranty - ifithelps
The secondhand motor trade, like its customers, is very conservative.

Anything slightly out of the ordinary is viewed with suspicion and priced accordingly.

Warranties don't really come into it.

Toyota Prius Warranty - gordonbennet
It'll be interesting to see what warranty Hyundai give their hybrid's when they eventually realease them.

Incidentally how does the warranty on the Honda hybrid compare.
Toyota Prius Warranty - Pugugly
It was five years when we bought our 55 plated IMA thing for the Office.
Toyota Prius Warranty - nortones2
In the USA "Hybrid-related components for hybrid vehicles are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles. The HV battery may have longer coverage under emissions warranty. Refer to applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet for details." In CARB states (California etc) the battery warranty is for 10 years, 150,000 miles. Toyota vary the warranty dependent on emissions requirements (CARB) and no doubt market conditions. No doubt, the less competitive Treasure Island market, results in a less generous warranty......