C15 00 109 Diesel Gearbox oil - corblimeyguvnar
Done a silly thing, was going to change engine oil on the C15d but inadvertently drained the gearbox oil, wrong sump plug.
My question being after I have bought 2 litres og transmission oil, how do I get it back in the gearbox, cant find a 'cap' or anything obvious to pour it into. Boy do I feel silly.
Any help would be gratefully received. Quicker the better, before SWMBO gets home and laughs her bottom off.
CBG

Edited by Webmaster on 27/06/2009 at 12:41

00 109 C15 Diesel Gearbox oil - Peter D
How did you know which oil to purchase. Call citroen before they close as ask the workshop forman, if they are open on a saturday morning. It is often a tapered threaded large plug on many cars, but do not guess as you could cause a fatal problem in the box if you remove the wrong bolt/plug. Try here :
x-citroen-x.com/viewtopic.php?t=19979898924830ZZ8B...S
Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 27/06/2009 at 12:47

00 109 C15 Diesel Gearbox oil - corblimeyguvnar
Cheers Peter
After getting the oil from the motor factors (looked in their oil bible for the correct one), I was looking at the engine in a vague manor when a young chap walked past, asked what I was doing so I owned up. And incredibly lucky for me he is a mechanic for Mann and should me exactly what to do, I owe that lad a pint or two, and all done before the boss gets home, tidy.
Thanks for the help though, now I have another forum to check out too.

CBG
00 109 C15 Diesel Gearbox oil - bell boy
a little knowledge as they say ;-)
Oh yes, that'll teach me to try an oil change with a hangover.

An IT person at work once said something along the 'a little knowledge' line about me but they werent so subtle, apparantly giving me a laptop is like giving a baby a hand grenade with the pin out, not fair, I only deleted the C drive, twice!
00 109 C15 Diesel Gearbox oil - RichardW
I hope the oil was 75W-80 - 'normal' gear box oil (85w 90) is too thick and 'ruins' the gearchange, and can wreck the synchros.....

Mistaking the gearbox for the engine is some hangover.....!

Edited by RichardW on 27/06/2009 at 18:40

Yes it was 75w-80, thanks to the local motor factors oil bible.
And yes it was one helluva hangover!