06 D5 SE suspension clunks - alexxxzan
I have owned my 2007 model year S60 D5 SE Geartronic from new. After a few months it started making clunking noises from the suspension, usually nearside, both front and rear, but at times it comes from the offside, again both front and rear. There is no particular rhyme or reason to when it happens but it does seem more prone after heavy rain and was consistantly noisy during the snow we had earlier this year. It often happens first thing in the morning. The noise happens on all sorts of road surfaces and not, just as you might expect, on speed bumps. The Volvo garage cant find anything wrong and, apart from the noise, it drives fine. The garage say it might be stones in the suspension!! (i live in the country). This is my second S60 and i like the car but the noise is very irritating. It has now done 74000 miles and while not getting any worse it is not going away. The noises can be quite faint to being loud enough to hear over the radio and for passengers to comment and to be felt through the floor. I have not hit anything and it has always been maintained religiously, can anyone help?

Edited by alexxxzan on 15/04/2009 at 21:00

06 D5 SE suspension clunks - Brian Tryzers
I suggest you do a Forum Search for the phrase 'drop link'. These are on the front anti-roll bars and can wear - probably with some help from speed humps and the like - and create a sound similar to the one you describe.