1996 1.9 td starting problems - 306dom
noticed the earth cable from the battery was hanging off yesterday causing it not to start so i put a ring terminal on and it started again . then wen i came out this morning it failed to start again . tried jump starting it with no joy . also changed the battery to no avail after the old one went dead . the car turns over but doesnt start . can any one help please

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/03/2009 at 10:09

1996 1.9 td starting problems - andrewuwe
Sounds like fuel is not getting to the engine.
Check immobiliser is not immobilising the car. Indicators flash?
Check there is diesel in it. Pump the primer till it gets tough?
Check the fuel shutoff solenoid. Check there is voltage at the solenoid with a meter???

Also you could crack open a fuel injection line and see that some diesel spurts out when turning over.
1996 1.9 td starting problems - 306dom
av just dissconnected the earth batt and immobiliser key pad to try and reset the immobiliser . plenty ov diesel in it av bled the nipples at either end of the line and the diesel seems to be getting thru . will see wat happens after resetting the immobiliser if no joy i might have to try bypassing it thanks for the advice . will check the solenoid if i get no joy cheers
1996 1.9 td starting problems - andrewuwe
You could try the jumpstart spray (or lynx) in the air box and see if it fires at all. Then come back with more symptoms...
1996 1.9 td starting problems - rossinatrench
Hi

Sounds like the immobiliser...I have a similar problem after putting a new engine in my 306. If you need help email me at rossinatrench@hotmail.co.uk ;)