2000 1.6 removing a battery - FiatStu
Dear all

I apologise for what must seem a ridiculously easy question for you guys so answers very much appreciated. I left my lights on (over a number of days) and consequently now have a flat battery. Would like to remove said battery to charge it but cannot for the life of me get the damn thing out!! I've disconnected the terminals and removed the strap (technically I cut through the thing) but it still won't budge! There is a bolt and bracket (attached to the belt) on the left hand side of the battery attached to the plate that it's sitting on. The battery seems to be independent from this bracket but I could be wrong! In short, I can't see anything attaching the battery to the plate.

I'm certainly no mechanic but like to think of myself as a relatively intelligent, practically minded guy. A simple task that I was expecting to complete in about 10mins is proving beyond me!

If anyone is out there and can let me know what I'm doing wrong I'd be most grateful. There seems to be more to this battery changing than meets the eye!

Many thanks in anticipation

Stu

2000 1.6 removing a battery - Pugugly
Do you park within reach of a 13 amp socket (near a garage for instance) ?
2000 1.6 removing a battery - FiatStu
Thanks for taking the time to repond Pugugly.

Unfortunately not, although I could get the car close enough to run an extension lead to it. The problem with that is I was under the impression that the battery would need to be on charge for 12hrs or so. I would need to run the extension out of the front window which would be fine for 2/3 hours or so if sufficient. More than that and it gets a bit tricky (live in a terrace house, on street parking etc). Some life in the thing would be great as presently it's completely dead and I do mean completely! Is it worth a try, just to get some charge in it and see what happens?

Thanks mate

Stu

2000 1.6 removing a battery - Pugugly
Be worth charging it in situ otherwise. Might be you may have killed it outright though.