1997 1.4 Indicator, Off side, rapid flash mode! - Foxy0-0
Hi All,

I've an annoying problem with the off side indicator. Whenever I signal right the indicator light flashes rapidly! Not as per the normal flash mode. The near side works fine. I was wondering if anyone could pinpoint the cause of the problem and correction.
Also the interior courtesy light does not come on when doors open but operates on central locking, just wondering are the two problems linked?

Thanks,

Foxy0-0
1997 1.4 Indicator, Off side, rapid flash mode! - Lud
One of the flasher bulbs has gone, either in one of the main flashers or the side follower. That's usually the reason for that rapid flashing. The one that's gone is the one that doesn't flash at all.

Edited by Lud on 14/03/2009 at 03:20

1997 1.4 Indicator, Off side, rapid flash mode! - Andrew-T
As Lud says, sounds like a failed bulb, though I suppose a wiring fault to a bulb would have the same effect (much more hassle).

Courtesy light - presumably the switch in the door-shut needs reviving. Or another wiring fault, perhaps. Does the opposite door work the courtesy light? Have you checked the position of the switch beside the courtesy light?
1997 1.4 Indicator, Off side, rapid flash mode! - Foxy0-0
Hi, Checked all the indicator bulbs and all work fine! Problem only happens when I'm driving.
Sorted the courtesy light did need reviving and switch must make a good earth connection with car body!
1997 1.4 Indicator, Off side, rapid flash mode! - Peter D
Either a fractures filament so the vibration of driving is effecting it is a loose bulb in the holder. Check all bulbs physically. Regards Peter