Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - FotheringtonThomas
This a.m. stopped just up the road from an operative servicing a speed camera. His vehicle was obstructing both the pavement and the road, being in fact parked straddling the double yellows! So, as you do, I took a couple of snaps. Where to send these to best effect?
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - L'escargot
I just couldn't be bothered. There are more things to life than using up time and effort trying to see that motoring wrongdoers get taken to task. I'm only concerned with keeping my own house in order.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - doctorchris
Yes but these are SAFETY cameras, not speed cameras. Their intent is to enhance safety on our roads, not fill the coffers of the authorities.
So, if one such vehicle is parked in a position that impairs the safety of drivers and pedestrians, then I'm sure the authorities would want to know about it so that they could take appropriate action.
Hang on, I just want to photograph the pig flying past my window.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - oldnotbold
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"

A misquote, I know!
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - sierraman
Try your police force website.That is the route I took to report a police van parked on double yellows and the pavement in such a way thay an old lady on a mobility scooter could not get through.They took it quite seriously and I had a visit from a semi-retired officer who dealt with complaints.I was assured that the officer concerned would be told to park properly in future.I had pics to back it up as well.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - Mapmaker
Send it to the Sun.

They were, anyway, not parked; merely loading.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - woodster
Hmmm, can't see that the act of servicing the camera (if that's what was happening) constitutes 'loading'. How so??
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - madux
They were changing the batteries?
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - Hamsafar
They are working for the Police so they are allowed to, SOCO are civilians too and they can park on them if need be.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - woodster
'Working for the Police' provides no exemption whatsoever from parking regs. 'Emergency' is the way in which Police officers/Ambulance/Fire/Doctor etc can do so. No exemption for a Police Officer simply being on duty or being unable to find somewhere to park unless the 'emergency' condition can be satisfied. I really can't see 'servicing' the camera as a good reason, from a purely legal viewpoint.
Police, SOCOs and we are all civilians. We all have to obey the rules - although there are exemptions for some emergency services under some circumstances.
That is not the point. The point is that someone "official" is breaking rules set for all - plus, I'd like to take a crack at the speed camera people.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - Mick Snutz
good on yer FT. Go for it. Even if nothing comes of it, at least you know you have tried to get your own back and redress the injustice of it all.

There shouldn't be different rules for the police and the great general public.
It wasn't a police car, AFAIK - it was a white one, with a yellow light on top, and those red/yellow chevrons painted onto the back (the operative was wearing a fetching grey/yellow reflective suit - he appeared to be polishing the box).
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - redviper
Go for it

My dad got pulled over for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone (normally sticks to limit very strictly, must have had a off day) dad accepted this. however did write a letter of complaint to the police as the Officers car had a dipped light out - not heard anything back but had the satisfaction all the same.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - bathtub tom
My son-in-law photographed some parking wardens in London and then got in my car. A fortnight later I got a TFL penalty posted to me for parking in a restricted area. My car wasn't there. They got the make wrong and were unable to supply a photo.

Coincidence?
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - John24
My suggestion. Find the nearest wall indoors and bang your head off that. At least you'll be warm and dry and you'll get just as much satisfaction. Enjoy.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - bintang
Saw a superb, unoccupied new Bentley coupe this morning, parked askew, partly on a zebra crossing and partly on the zigzag. Would have reported it but surely wealth must have its privileges and the driver had the consideration to leave the emergency lights on. Arrogance and courtesy, mark of a true English gent.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - Alanovich
Arrogance and courtesy mark of a true English gent.

The mark of a selfish idiot, you mean. Money should confer no extra rights nor privilege.
Reporting naughty parking on double yellows. - PeterRed
I do the school run every morning and invariably remind parents about stopping on the School zigzag lines. A common response is "but I'm only stopping for a minute....." and occasionally "Why? Are you a policeman?". Others block driveways or even park in driveways to avoid a 200 yard walk. I just think it's selfish behaviour.