2001 3.3 le cruise control and horn - robinflyer
i have several issues which have happened at different times.

first of all my central locking opens itsself quite frequently and i come back to find car unlocked (always been like this since i bought car last year)

secondly i have recently lost my cruise contol and horn at the same time,

thirdly my air bag light is on but i didnt notice if this was at the same time i lost my horn etc.

fourthly the little red light which i assume is something to do with alarm is on all the time.

fifhtly my radiator fan came on permanantly which drained the battery so i had to remove the fuse when i stopped but now the fan doesnt come on.

i have checked all the fuses and checked the wires from the column ... helppppp..
2001 3.3 le cruise control and horn - MerlinTec
Hi
Cruise control/ air bag and horn are all conected to the clock spring (under the steering wheel) so would bet this is where your fault is.
red light on will most likely be because the alarm module has lost the vin number due to a flat battery issue. could try a disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and reconnecting if not will need to go to the dealer.
Radiator fan will be down to the fan relay behind the grill rivited on to the front X member a common issue.
Hope this helps you,
Regards,
Simon
brilliant ...have changed fan relay...... easy job done
garage are doing clock spriing and rear seat belts on callback issues free of charge even though car is old. also getting them to look at dash light.
however haven't sorted out why it keeps unlocking itself .

many thanks for the other info but how about my unlocking problem..... up for the challenge ??

regards
kelvin
Hi
You can?t have a 2001 voyager then it must be the older shape one as that had the recalls for the seat belt (well sound barrier), clock spring and hand brake clip.
Can you confirm it?s the older shape voyager?
I suspect a possible door switch fault get the dealer to check what the door lock voltages are when they connect up DRB (scan tool) to look at your alarm fault. It?s resisted multiplex for the doors so only 2 wires and as you turn the lock one way you get one voltage turn the lock the other way you get a different voltage and depending on the voltage on the wire it will lock or unlock (hope that makes sense). When they go bad even if the fault is not present at the time you can find the voltage is lower on one of the lock wires then it should be indicating a fault on that lock circuit.
thank you sooo much for your help. it is an "S" so i dont know why on earth i put 2001.
Hi
No problem I see you have also posted on another forum and got (almost the same info) from another Chrysler tec. Let me know how you get on. (I am also merlin on the other forum)