Rover 218TD - diesel injector pump - ChrisT
I have an M-reg 218TD, with 160k on the clock. Yesterday, the injector pump went, and started gushing out fuel on what I've been told, the pulley-side.

Anyway, it's due for a service - in fact, it was booked in for next weekend! :)

I've been told that injector pumps aren't cheap - £200+ was quoted. It has to be done, I know that, but what else should I also change, apart from cam belt, vacuum pump belt, oil and the filters?

Very much a novice - this will be a garage job! Just want to prepare my bank account for the shock! :)

Thanks,

Chris
Rover 218TD - diesel injector pump - RichardW
>It has to be done, I know that, but what else should I also change

Er, the car? Sorry to be flippant, but I doubt you're going to get much change out of a grand, and not much more than that sort of money will buy you a similar age, but much lower mileage, car. The engine is the same one fitted to the Citroen BX, and similar to the Pug 405 / Cit Xantia / ZX, so you should be able to get a second hand pump from a scrapper. Consider what else is likely to fail at this sort of mileage, and think carefully before comitting your money!

Richard
Rover 218TD - diesel injector pump - Richard Hall
Chris

Don't know where you live, but there is a reconditioned pump for a L reg 418SD in Dereham, Norfolk, advertised in the local Freeads this week for £120. Tel number is 01362 687687. Not sure wither 218TD and 418SD had the same engine, but it seems possible.

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com