Pass Plus - BorisTheSpider
Good Afternoon, I've been following this forum since July last year, but not actually posted anything. I am currently contemplating doing the pass plus scheme having passed my driving test yesterday.
The reasons why I am not sure about it is that, I am currently in my forth year of five at university and won't be purchasing a car until I am in full time work. Also I hold a full Category A license which I passed in April of last year and I am an associate member of IAM on a motorcycle. So I am not really sure if its worth it.

So the question is Pass Plus or not to Pass Plus?

Cheers
Pass Plus - Ian (Cape Town)
Surely the longer you have had your PassPlus the better, when it comes to insuring a car at a later stage?

Oh, and congratulations!
Pass Plus - daveyjp
If you have plenty of biking experience and are already involved with the IAM forget Passplus. Do your IAM car test when you eventually get four wheels.

Passplus may get a discount on insurance, but test this theory first.
Pass Plus - smokie
I'd agree with Daveyjp. IAM is like PassPlusPlusPlus, so it'd be a bit wasted on you. I also think a couple of years of experience is no bad thing before doing advanced driving. And in my experience, IAM membership didn't make any difference to my insurance, as they were cheaper anyway than those who offered discounts.

Well done for passing your test yesterday anyway... :-)

Edited by smokie on 09/01/2009 at 16:36

Pass Plus - Old Navy
I do not have a motorcycle licence, but judging from your M/C experience you will read the road far better than most car drivers. I would stick with IAM. Welcome to the forum and 4 wheels!

Edited by Old Navy on 09/01/2009 at 16:39

Pass Plus - AlanGowdy
When my younger son passed his driving test, the additional merit of Pass Plus was that it slashed his insurance premium by hundreds of pounds.