Pranged it, now undrivable - What do I do next? - frazerjp
A week before Christmas I unfortunately pranged my Volvo 480 which I brought a month earlier.
To cut a long story short i smacked it against a brick wall, bending the lower suspension arm rendering it undrivable, not to mention a new bumper, indicator lense etc is needed for repair.

As it's currently on the driveway looking unwashed & sorry for itself I've been trying to figure out what to do next, whether to get it fixed which will involved it having to be towed to the garage (which is extra money to pay out as im only TP F&T), or sell it on ebay as accident damaged?

The car is in good condition otherwise despite it could do with a wash & waxoyling too.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/01/2009 at 00:19

What do I do next? - Rattle
I would have thought a 480 would be worth little anyway unless they have become collectors items? It will probably cost a fortune to repair by the sound of it too.
What do I do next? - captain chaos
Sorry to hear about your mishap with your 480 frazerjp. Could you not source a replacement bumper and lens off ebay, get a new suspension arm and get a mobile mechanic to fit the parts if you don't fancy the job yourself?
What do I do next? - frazerjp
Im having problems sourcing parts from other sites let alone ebay, apart from the indicator lense.
The other alternative was to sell it has "spares/repairs" on ebay, in the hope someone may have it as a spare donor car. Obviously they'll have to take it away themselves on a trailer.
What do I do next? - Altea Ego
have you tried the volvo uk owners club, or the european volvo 480 club?

Pranged it, now undrivable - What do I do next? - Chas{P}
From memory (I was a Volvo parts manager 15 years ago) the 440/460/480 had a fairly weak (deformable) front subframe which had to be changed more often than the actual suspension arm after a knock. I would recommend that you check it thoroughly before trying to source the list of parts if you do decide to repair it. Good luck.

Pranged it, now undrivable - What do I do next? - stevekay
Flog it for spares and start again. Theses things are a bit like Grand Designs - the time and the budget run away with you. Get something else.
Pranged it, now undrivable - What do I do next? - oldnotbold
Plenty on the Bay - £650 gets you a tidy 480, by the looks of things. 140292227255 will go for less, I suspect, though it's got little/no MoT.
Pranged it, now undrivable - What do I do next? - ormolu
I also own a Volvo 480, my third one. I have recently changed my front lower suspension arms by getting them from a breaker, replacing the bushes, and then doing a swap. I now have a straight pair of arms that I don't need....

I also have a spare front bumper and a front indicator lens. It all sounds like an easy repair to me.
Pranged it, now undrivable - What do I do next? - bell boy
i think it went to china in the great crush rush of the new clondike scrap afiliation society 2008/09