96 1.25 Blows hot then only cold air. - willowandmikey
I have been having problem on a 1996 fiesta it initially blows a little hot air and then only cold even when the engine is warm. I today swapped the HEATER CONTROL valve under the bonnet which did not resolve the issue. I then went onto do a complete flush of the radiator and went as far as leaving the garden hose in there a total of twenty minutes to flush it right out and refilled. It wasnt very dirty I was just hoping it would do the trick. The thermostat seems to work as when I leave the car running stationery for twenty minutes it does heat up and the radiator fan does work as the fan does cut in. I wonder if any one has any ideas any help would be grealty appreciated.

Silencer applied to the shouting !!

Edited by Pugugly on 03/01/2009 at 17:06

1996 1.25 FORD FIESTA 1996 BLOWS HOT AIR AND THEN - steve_earwig
Blocked heater matrix? Did you try removing the heater pipes and flushing this too? There is stuff you can put in your coolant to aid with flushing it, maybe this is worth a try.

Some cars have a kind of thermostatic valve on the heater matrix, I'm not sure if you car has one but maybe you should look for this if flushing it doesn't help.