Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - RB
Firstly, I know that genuinely, the Police do have a lot on their hands, poor resources and morale etc., but sometimes, they don't do themselves a lot of favours.

I have just been pootling through *******ham (not naming it just in case the really wrong priorities are chosen and they come after me) where some of the patrol cars are Subaru Imprezzas.

Now, I know it's a hot day, but is it really a good example to have the uniformed driver of this albeit slow moving marked car, seen taking a swig of water?

Especially, as I seem to remember, that in recent times, civvies have been done for eating chocolate, taking a swig, whilst stationary?

Oh well, there it is.

RB
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - Markymarkn
Ahhh but they have 'special training' so they are qualified.

Besides - who's gonna pull them over and arrest them?

Mark.
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - Toad, of Toad Hall.
Besides - who's gonna pull them over and arrest them?

And it was only Cheltenham.

Ooops.

--
Parp, Parp!
Note: All Toad posts come with an implied smiley.
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - RB
Oh OK, I'll tell you where - it was N******ham!
Robin Hood would approve.

RB
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - Armitage Shanks{P}
It just shows that they are human, which some of us may doubt, and that are not subject to the same rules as us, which none of us doubt!
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - midlifecrisis
Yeah! The first thing that crosses my mind when I come on duty is how many people am I going to book for drinking water at the wheel. NOT!!!!!!!!
As an addition, my force has just had a new radio system installed, which doesn't work. Consequently when single crewed, (ie, always, it makes it look like there are more of us) we have to resort to using old style hand held radios. A large number of my colleagues have recently recieved discipline notices after being seen using the radio on the move. They will recieve something far more serious than a fixed penalty. Before a multitude of replys come in advising the driver to pull over, I would ask how we check a suspicious moving vehicle if we have to stop to do it.
So, yes we are human and no, we are not above the law.
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - Armitage Shanks{P}
MLC. I made the mistake of arguing from the particular to the general ie Newcastle Senior Officer who dodged a ticket by not knowing who was driving his private car when caught speeding. To change tack a little are you allowed to comment on the alleged Health & Safety implications of your new radios? We hear that they are safe but then we were told that beef was too!
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - vercin
Dear All,

Many years ago I was driving down A30 near Egham. Got to roundabout at bottom of hill where Police would hang around waiting for speeders to go zapping through and nick them. Nothing wrong in that.

Anyway, this particular day, as I get to roundabout there is a jam sandwich avec Surrey's finest. I notice however, that on of the headlights on the Ford wasn't working.

Well I may have been a student, in NHS specs and a DPM jacket, but my car was taxed and insured so I thought what the hell.

I parked up behind them, got out of my Triumph Toledo, strolled upto the police drivers window, tapped on it and uttered those immortal words:

"Excuse me officer, is this your car?"
The Officer: "No sir, it belongs to the Chief Constable of Surrey."
Moi: "Did you know that one of your headlights isn't working?"
The Officer: "No sir I didn't".
Moi: "Well I won't report you this time but get it fixed".

Officer last seen checking front headlights, scratching his head whilst I leap into my car to make good my escape.

To his credit, the constable didnt lose his rag or nick me!

So they are only human doing a very difficult job. What I find so depressing is that today the gap between the police and most normal road users seems destined to grow ever wider given their pursuit of the wrong targets.

Would I pull the same stunt today? Probably not.

Regards

Vercin
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
Wish they'd sort out panda drivers. I was nearly wiped out by one approaching from the opposite direction who decided to do a quick right turn in front of me with no warning.

On the other hand, I think I should be grateful to one, many moons ago in my mis-spent youth. I stuffed the motor into a ditch one night and plod attended. My car was left there all night and another plod managed to lose it on the same bend and pile into mine. Maybe this is why they didn't try to book me??
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - midlifecrisis
Re: Armitage shanks.
We too have been assured that the radio is safe, but you should see what it dddoes to a computer monitor if you transmit near one. (There actually better used as a door stop, what with all the dead areas.)
Police driver seen taking swig at wheel - Dwight Van Driver
Aaahhhhhh Toad, of Toad Hall. Yyeeessssssssssss.

Came across this in the Froggie Criminal Records Office.

Date: Many. Many moons ago.
Court: Riverside Magistrates Court.
Defendant: Toad of Toad Hall.

Charges/Sentence:
Stealing a motorcar. 12 months (mild)

Furious driving 3 years (lenient)

Cheeking the Police. 15 years (pretty bad sort of cheek)

Total 18 years, but extended to 20 years on the recommendation of the Clerk of the Court.

Ring any bells?

According to the Riverside Gazette, The Chairman of the Court is reported to have said ? Prisoner. Pull yourself together and try and stand up straight. It?s going to be 20 years for you this time. And mind, if you appear before us again, UPON ANY CHARGE WHATSOEVER, we shall have to deal with you very severely.?

Now, in addition to this, my Intelligence is that you are still officially classed as an escapee dressed as a Washerwoman so I should moderate your posts and behave or I shall report you to Mark the Moderator who has no wish to harbour a criminal in this forum.

And your Parp, Parp. Correct me if I am wrong but your No 1 Hit was:

The motorcar went poop, poop, poop,
As it raced along the road.
Who was it steered it into a pond?
Ingenious Mr. Toad.

I hope it was only water in the bottle

DVD