2004 2.2dci Problem with power - danny489
Help!
When driving in 4th gear and above the car is fine if driven in a "spritely manner" ie not changing up to 4th before 60 mph 5th 80mph (not on the roads obviously...)
If I change up and am going too slow EMS warning light will come on within 2-3 miles.
In 6th gear the light comes on regardless of speed.
Once light is on there is a severe reduction of power, no acceleration and engine won't go over 3,300 rpm.
Stop car and turn off engine and restart and fault clears.

History.

This is a second hand replacement engine put in by a bunch of muppets in Essex - won't say who as I like my house centrally heated not petrol fired!
They took 18 weeks to do it. It's never been right since and although it's under warranty I don't want them anywhere near it ever again.

Please Please help.

Edited by rtj70 on 19/11/2008 at 17:35

2004 2.2dci Problem with power - Screwloose

Have you ever had the codes read to see what is putting the light on?
2004 2.2dci Problem with power - rtj70
Screwloose is right - you need to get the error codes read.

You cannot name the "muppets" anyway as this site has a no naming and shaming policy.

Report back when you know what the actual error codes are - Screwloose and others can offer good advice.
2004 2.2dci Problem with power - danny489
Had it done at Renault today, The diagnostic said turbo solenoid although not where in the system, but after fault finding they were unable to locate problem and it seems to have self corrected. They were unable to recreate it on a road test - i'm trying to today.
2004 2.2dci Problem with power - Screwloose

The code definition would never be as simple as "turbo solenoid." It would define a specific effect in that circuit that the ECU had noticed was outside its pre-programmed parameters.

The info is in the detail of the code definition. Then the hands-on testing starts.