2001 1.4 peugeot immobiliser chips - Dai O
Hi Guys

Just a quick one, can peugeot immobiliser chips in key fobs be reprogrammed or can the car be forced to take a new chip

The reason i ask, lost my key the other day, a mate had an old key which he gave to me, i have had the blade copied and yes i know the car wont start because of the immobiliser. Can Peugeot reprogram the chip to tie it up with my car or will i have to buy a new chip and then get that programmed, don't want to be fobbed off at the spares counter, not that they would do such a thing i'm sure

Thanks for looking

Dai O
2001 1.4 peugeot immobiliser chips - Screwloose

Depending on the exact system - and a good slice of luck; [it is French!] then it should be possible for someone with the right equipment to add that key to the list.

An auto-locksmith is your best bet.
2001 1.4 peugeot immobiliser chips - Dai O
Thought i'd follow up on this one and answer my own question.

My problem was lost my original RF key fob for my 306,
Had a quote from peugeot £96.00 + VAT for a new key!!!!

Bought a second hand keyfob from a online auction site, complete with uncut blade £10

Blade cut by locksmith £3

This is the best bit slipped a peugeot mechanic a tenner to twin key with car, for this job alone peugeot wanted £46 + VAT, they told me it would take 30 minutes!!

RUBBISH it took 60 seconds, mechanic linked laptop to car, entered my entry number (found on a credit card type card, mine was with my handbook), PC then said insert key and turn to igniation point 2, press button on keyfob, remove key, try key

Job done

Always worth speaking to a mechanic around lunch time, £10 in his pocket, he was happy, i was happy, hopefully you can be happy too.

Good luck

Dai O