Advice - thinking of getting back into trading ! - craigthomas75
I am a small part time trader looking to get back into buying and selling.
A couple of years ago I did a bit of buying and was placing cars on a friends forecourt and getting a small profit from the vehicles that I was buying though my friend was selling from his site and was naturally getting the better deal without tying up any of his own money.
This came to an end for one reason or another and I am now looking to get back into selling on a part time basis.
I need to obviously get a part time motor traders policy-any suggested companies?
I also need to perhaps look at getting a set of trade plates too.
Now having studied the market for the past couple of months I have noticed the auctions in my area (south wales and the west) appear to be very expensive and I am concerned that there is very little profit to be made by a small trader with no premises.
I heard that the car auctions in the north east areas tend to be a lot better value for money and that cars tend to fetch lower prices in that geographical area-can anyone confirm this or give any other recommendations as to where to buy small to medium value/size cars at keen prices?
Any help/info would be appreciated.

slt

Edited by Pugugly on 08/06/2008 at 00:19

Advice required-first post please go easy. - yorkiebar
Small to medium cars are now very expensive and highly sought after compared to just a few weeks ago. Something to do with new ved rates i wonder? :) Best way to source such cars is to get in with the main dealers and agre to buy their offers with a very quick yes or no. May have to do it without seeing the car; so establish good trust immediately. I have found lately that the price can be good if you agree quickly; so that they can give their customer a quick yes or no on their trade ins etc.

Trade insurance? Id happily recommend MMA, ( Ican find a phone number or website link if you need) they can sort policy for part time traders too.

Very tough times to start risking your money right now; but the right cars at the right prices will still sell. But the wrong ones and too expensive ones just wont! Only buy the right cars is my best advice.

Oh and good luck.