We bought a Hyundai i10 today - runboy
That's it really, just wanted to say we bought one. Very nice little car.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Martin Wall
There was a good review of this in the Sunday Times by the young guy from Fifth Gear - he thought it was good value for money. Did you get any discount?
No discount was on offer - the dealer said Hyundai were hoping for 4000 sold by year end in the UK (launch was early April I think) and already they have sold 3000. We will have to wait until late June/early July for ours.

There was one "used" i10 base model on Auto Trader for list price with metallic throw in and another top of the range for silly money.

All the reviews I've read had indicated this is a decent motor for the money. The test drive I had today was fine and I felt it went round corners with less roll than our Octavia but then the i10 does bump along more than the Octavia so a bit of a trade off. I would be happy taking it on longish trips in the knowledge that I took it easy and didn't try to pretend it's something it isn't.

The kit they throw in to these things in Comfort trim is amazing for the money.

So all in all I think it is great!
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Zippy123
Good to hear it Runboy!

Not everyone wants a Focus or Astra (good cars that they are).

If you are happy with the price you paid then all the better.

Let us all know how you get on with it.

If you do have any problems let us know how the dealer resolves it (even very expensive cars have problems - the experiance is about the resolution not the problem).

Happy motoring!
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - bintang
How many remote keys did you get with it? Only one with my new i30 and they cost about £140.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - stevekay
I was very keen to get one having run a 1.1 Getz for 5 years with no problems. The delivery was an issue though - my Getz was already spoken for by the middle of March and I needed another car. I couldn't wait and bought an ex-demo 07 1.4 5 door getz for £6k, about £2.4k cheaper than a new one. I will look at the i10 when this one is due to go but by then the new i20 (Getz replacement due in Oct 2008) will be in its prime. Hyundais do what they say on the tin with a 5 year warranty to confirm it. One day all car companies will work this way.
Thanks for the encouraging words. Not sure how many remotes we will get - it looks like the key is one thing and you get a seperate fob with lock/unlock buttons. When we get the car I'll let you know.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - ajit
It seems to got off to an amazing start in India. BTW all i10's are made in India
Yes indeed. We were told they ship 1000 over from India each month and all of April and May have been allocated with few left for June.

I wonder how many the factory make each month in total and how well this car is selling in other markets?
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - ajit
Export orders are around 60000 so far. Local demand is around 40000 per annum. They have a new factory coming on stream.

Considering, amica aside, none of their other cars are selling wellin India. suzuki have trumped them, they should be able to satisfy export demand
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Avant
It would be interesting to compare an i10 with a Suzuki Splash / Vauxhall Agila. I suspect the Splash /Agila is nippier but the road test I saw last week (Auto Express) rather stupidly had an automatic i10. And Auto Express journalists are too thick to be able to talk about more than one car at a time, so there isn't muich comparison.
Yes I read the AutoExpress review and was surprised they used an auto model - not sure why, but there are plenty of manual i10's around so they surely could have used like-for-like. A 1.1 auto is never going to set the world on fire when compared to manual versions.

From memory the review said that equipment, price, body control and warranty swung it for the i10 but performance and general touchy-feely stuff went the Suzuki/Vauxhall way, although the build quality was the same for all three.

In fact the only negative in their summary was that the auto saps power - interesting comment when comparing against two other small cars with manual gearbox.

Never mind, we are looking forward to getting our i10!
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - avtur
"rather stupidly had an automatic i10".

Sorry your comment is rather stupid, there is a great deal of interest in small automatics, please don't judge others who make a different choice to yourself ! >>
(Auto Express) rather stupidly had an automatic i10.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - hillman1 {p}
Sorry your comment is rather stupid there is a great deal of interest in small
automatics please don't judge others who make a different choice to yourself !

Can I suggest you take a little time to 'get to know' people on here before you accuse them of making 'stupid comments'.

You may actually find that Avant, along with most others, speak a lot of sense.

Welcome!

Edited by hillman1 {p} on 11/07/2008 at 22:05

I think the point of the original post about Auto Express was that the roadtest was an automatic i10 versus a manual car. When they have small engines it difficult to directly compare performance, hence you may think the test was "stupid".
Thanks Hillman and Runboy - that was exactly the point. Indeed plenty of people are interested in small automatics, so would want to see a test of auto v. auto. Autocar and What Car would have thought of that.

"Sorry your comment is rather stupid, there is a great deal of interest in small automatics, please don't judge others who make a different choice to yourself"

Try not to join two (let alone three) sentences with a comma; this is ugly.

Edited by Avant on 11/07/2008 at 23:44

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - The Bassman
Got ours on sunday, So far so good. One of the major selling points was the attentive but not intrusive sales staff at the local Hyundai dealers. Had the sales team at the local FIAT dealers appeared more interested, we may have got a Panda. I'm rather grateful that they weren't. Somewhat surprisingly, I think the i10 is a better car. Hopefully i'll still be saying that in a few months time. I've just driven it to work for the 1st time and i'm itching to get in and drive it home again, I my even go the long way home. It puts my in mind of the enjoyment I used to get driving old Mini's. As a second car for "pottering around" I think it will do really well.
Had some trouble getting cover from my existing insurance company due to their underwriters not listing the model so I went with another, very green insurance company, same underwriter, saved £130 and had my carbon emmissions offset. (Not that painful) I'm still trying to get used to saying that my wife and I now have a Hyundai. It looks fine tucked up next to our other car, a Volvo 940 estate.
We are awaiting delivery - busman
We have placed an order and are expecting delivery of our i10 Comfort in early May.

{I'm guessing this should have been tagged onto this post rather than being a stand alone post?}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/04/2008 at 21:05

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - keats
I ordered a new I10 classic about 3 weeks ago and should get mine in July. Dealer told me today that they can no longer take actual orders because of the backlog. Must admit I was really impressed with the car. For the price its a no brainer.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - colinh
It had a good write-up in a recent car magazine comparison of city cars (Panda, Twingo, & Agila). Scored not only on price, but was also "an excellent car in the city and a decent enough one on the open road". The others of comparable spec. were costing up to two thousand pounds more, i.e., 30% extra.
Yes it was an interesting review. The same magazine in their single car in-depth review gave it 4 out of 5 and I presumed before I read the 4 car test the Panda would come top so it was nice to see the i10 come top.

I have yet to see a private i10 on the road but a drive past the dealer on Sunday saw a few lying around waiting for prep. We should have our for the 58 reg. Still 4.5 months for a cheap city car feels a long time to wait for delivery!
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - andrewbengeo
I have had my i10 for just over 2 weeks now. I was lucky to get it as I was told there was at least an 8 week wait. I did a bit of 'phoning round and the dealer in St Albans had a cancelled order on a Comfort so I grabbed it. I was also lucky that they had pre registered it on 31/05/08 and there was a price increase effective from 1st June so I got it at the old price. This dealer also gives an extra power train warranty for a further 5 years after the main 5 year warrant expires!

I am very please with the car, great value for money for the spec, nicely finished and it doesn't feel underpowered for the size of engine. My only niggle at the moment is that despite driving it like a nun I am not achieving the sort of fuel consumption shown in the published figures. Based on my two fills so far I have acheived 48mpg and 44mpg so it seems to be getting worse! Perhaps it will improve as the engine loosens up? If anyone has any observations on this I would be glad to hear them
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - tintin01
We had a quick look at an i10 on Saturday - you certainly get a lot of kit for £6.5k, and the sales staff are interested but not pushy. The mpg thing - in the Which? Car Guide they almost always seem to say they could not reach the manufacturers mpg figure. With every car they test it seemed to come 3-5 miles per gallon short. Considering many of us are looking at cars with a view to economising it makes you think if it's worth it really.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Geordie1
The i10 is right at the top of my list but have decided to hang on until the bigger engined 1.2 arrives in September, the advantages being 0 -62 reduced by about 3 secs; max mph increased from 94 to 102 and the additional bhp which is increased from 65 to 80 still has the same CO 2 emissions and same 56.6 mpg return which means that all models with the 1.2 engine, with the exception of the auto version, are in Band B for VED of £35 per year.

The minor price increases over the 1.1 versions, which will remain in production e.g. £150 for the Style model, seems great value for the improved performance.

Edited by Geordie1 on 25/06/2008 at 17:05

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Dog
Korean cars ... made in India - No wonder This Sceptered Isle has gone down the pan !
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - mss1tw
Korean cars ... made in India - No wonder This Sceptered Isle has gone down
the pan !

Yeah those British Leyland cars were second to.......?!!
And a quick update on the i10 front. We cancelled the order.

And then bought another! With the launch of the 1.2 engine, and our original order taking so long the dealer gratefully allowed us to cancel and re-order the 1.2.

Delivery still looks to be September.
Congratulations on what sounds like a good deal! Going by what Geordie says above, the 1.2 will be an excellent little car which will undercut other superminis yet be more competitive in terms of performance. It'll be very interesting to hear what you think when you get it.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Happy Blue!
We had a test drive of the i10 and compared it to the Citroen C1 (before we went and bought a Merc A150).

The Hyundai is very well finished and put together and has a grown up car feel about it, espcially as the car comes very well specified even in basic trim.

The Citroen (and presumably the Peugeot and Toyota clones) are rather basic and possibly funky in a way that could date quickly.

However, after driving both for a while, it is the C1 that is the clear winner for us. The general feel of the steering, gearshift and engine performance is much better. The steering is very accurate and quick and whilst the gearshift is a little notchy, it is far less so than the i10. The engine on the i10 is a 1.1 and gives less performance and less economy than the 990cc triple in the C1. The C1 sounds as if it wants to rev and rev - like an old Honda used to do.

All in all, the C1 is great fun and whilst some people would get bored with that, I for one would relish getting into it every day. The i10 is simply transport.

Mind you, I can see the merit in the Hyundai, espcially the value for money, good trim and warranty and the fact it has three rear seatbelts rather than two in the C1.

Edited by Espada III {P} on 13/07/2008 at 14:26

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Judge Dread
I took delivery of a black i10 last week. Amazing value for money & a great laugh - drove round a multi storey car park several times for fun! Similar experience to the original Mini, but with aircon, power steering, etc. etc. Remote locking not working is only downside - seems they forgot to program the remote key fob. Due to be fixed on Friday - guess I should've checked at dealer.... For £100/month for a new car, you simply can't go wrong. Just remember - its a city car, & NOT a motorway cruiser.
As others have mentioned, they are rare as hens teeth. Dealer says they've sold loads, but I've only seen 1 on the road.
We have ordered a black one too. I actually saw a bright blue one today - glad we didn't order that colour. I am getting used to the idea of moving from a 9-5 estate to an i10 now and I'm quite looking forward to it. It will certainly help with moving cars around on the drive. The 3 diagonal belts and space in the back was a big attraction for us. We got two child seats and me in the back seat on the test drive - I can honestly say it was fairly comfortable, though you do sit quite upright.
Saab 9-5 estate to i10 is one thing, I downsized from a BMW 520 auto! The only real downsides are: 1. Much more care required in loading up boot. 2. Potholes need to be driven around. 3. The i10 horn is RUBBISH! BMW horns are amazingly load; I am looking out for some Italian air horns.... 4. Overtaking takes more skill (but when & where can you overtake in SE England these days anyway?????). However, I maintain the upsides far outweigh these. E.g. 1 BMW tyre = complete set of i10 tyres. BMW = 20mpg i10 = 50+mpg.
PS: Also glad I didn't choose blue - if it was a bit darker it might be OK. Black, however, looks very nice, but is difficult to keep clean...

Edited by Webmaster on 21/07/2008 at 18:27

We went for the red as it is fairly vibrant, plus it's a no cost option. Reviews I've read have said good things about the suspension of the i10 - I presume compared to bigger cars it will be a bit crashy, however amongst peers it should be evenly matched.

I'm hoping the 1.2 will be a tad quicker but we'll see (in September I'm still hoping!).

In twenty years of driving I can't actually remember ever using the horn, so that shouldn't be a problem. The boot, though - it is tiny, two bags of shopping tiny. But then that is why these type of cars feel spacious inside, I guess.

I think my biggest concern is that although it will be great for town driving (which is what OH mostly does now), will it be up to occasional motorway journeys? Will it feel stable and safe? Will I want the kids in it on a long trip? I'm not a car badge snob, but I guess I am a bit of a car size snob.
tintin01: I drove around 70/80mph - felt very solid, even compared to BMW! I drove into Croydon the other day during torrential downpour: NO aquaplaning whatsoever. I can only assume this is due to skinny tyres. Brakes are excellent (due to low weight/discs all round/ABS/EBD). Side winds are noticeable, but I don't think a dangerous problem. Stereo is loud enough to drown engine noise at motorway speed. Kids will be fine: plenty of headroom & A/C!

PS: you definitely need to use the horn more...
Thanks for that, it puts my mind at rest. Funny, but I never used to worry about safety when I was driving a 1979 Fiesta around, but having kids makes it a priority.

The A/C actually turned out to be quite an important factor. There are other cheap cars (can get a brand new Colt around here for £6.5k), but adding 5 doors and A/C added another £1,000, which seemed a lot. The Sirion was a similar spec but would be £8k and OH preferred the i10 to drive. I liked the Mazda 2, but again, 5 dors and A/C were £9k.

I feel like we are getting a good car at a bargain price, but I guess the real test will be in a few years time when we look at depreciation and whether we needed the five year warranty. I was certainly swayed by HJ's glowing reports as he seems more focussed on value for money, rather Top Gear mag and What Car who seem to go for badges.

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - carl_a
I feel like we are getting a good car at a bargain price but I
guess the real test will be in a few years time when we look at
depreciation and whether we needed the five year warranty.

Hyundai has one of the lowest depreciations of any brand, when you look at figures and not percentages!
Well the purchase>depreciation was a factor in choosing to buy new too. As you say, a value of say 30% after 3 years isn't too bad when you've only paid £7k. We wouldn't have considered buying an expensive car brand new. Depending on how the economy, VED, and petrol prices go over the next few years, small cars like the i10 and the Sirion may well end up holding their value better than we expect.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Viewmaster
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and new to Hyundia cars!...always been a Fiesta man up to now.
Just ordered a i10 Comfort (someone cancelled their order as they couldn't wait!), so delivery promised soon at end of August.
Now, I did want a yellow one for road safety visibility, but had to settle for a red one.
This means I will always choose to be driving on dipped headlights in all weathers and the bulbs will go more frequently.
So guys, is it difficult to replace the dipped headlight bulb in a i10?
I wonder too if Haynes will ever bring out a workshop manual for this car. Nothing for the Getz models yet I see.
Thanks
Albert.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - ifithelps
Viewmaster,

Trade wisdom has it yellow is a bad colour, hard to sell, so you are probably better off with red.

Not sure about 'dipped headlights in all weathers', though.

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - stunorthants26
Sweeden seems sure.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Aardvark
On my third Hyundai now, Pony, SCoupe and an Accent at the moment, never had any problems and looking forward to replacing it with ai10 Comfort in September when the 1.2 engine comes out. Should be well worth the slight cost increase, all good news and no snags, same emissions no increased VED or fuel consumption.
I take issue with driving on dipped headlights in all weathers though Viewmaster, fine in poor visibility and rain but leave daytime running lights for motorbikes that really do need to be seen. Good job you did not get a yellow one, it would be worth £200 less than a red one when you come to trade it in.
Aardvark, have you placed an order for the 1.2 yet? If so have they confirmed delivery for September?
I really need to be seen as early as possible by all raod users, cyclists/pedestrians etc. when driving one ton of steel at 70 MPH in all weathers.
In bright sunlight there will be trees on some areas with dark shadows. When a driver comes out of these areas his eyes will not be immediately adapted, so a headlight will help...further in narrow twisty country lanes the flash of a headlight seen through a hedge might just pre warn a mad sod to get over as he comes around the bend, partly on the wrong side !
The old lady crossing the road whose eyesight is not too good might get an earlier warning of me approaching if on dipped. And so on and so on.
Anyway, a certain other excellent car manufacturer has thought this way too for some years now.....I smile to myself when other road users flash me when my dipped are on. If only I could stop them and explain why I have no wish to turn them off.

Albert.
Yo Viewmaster!
Headlight bulb replacement: I looked in the manual - I think you need to remove the entire front headlight assembly & then unscrew bulb from the back. It involves taking out 3 or 4 cross head screws. A bit time consuming, but not difficult. I think bulbs are standard H1 - not more than £5. I only ever had to change a headlight bulb once in my life - longevity of halogens is amazing! Toolkit only consists of a jack & wheel brace, so you'll need to carry a screwdriver & set of spare bulbs. As for headlights on 24/7, I'm not convinced. sure, in low light/heavy rain its a good idea, but bright sunlight??? Safety is all about hazard perception, & anyway, you're hardly likely to have some old dear with bad eyesight crossing a road where its legal to do 70mph.....
Thanks very much for info on changing bulbs.
The old lady might be suddenly crossing the road not using a proper crossing and we at 25-30 MPH in a built up area. Could be a child, even a dog or cat, who see a dipped headlamp from the corner of their eyes, a fraction of a second before realising a car is upon them.

That tiny extra time might be the difference betwene the rest of a life in a wheelchair and a wonderful life.
Surprised to find too some put a few hundred pound less in the resale value of a yellow car as against a red one before life and limb.

So guys, if you see my i10 on the roads soon with its dipped headlights, don't flash me to put 'em out. :-) 'Cos I won't !
Albert.

Re dipped headlights in daytime. Just found this.........

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-518495/EU-force-d...l

So lights on guys and girls !

Albert
Well, I'm also a biker (great adrenaline rush!), & for that reason agree with the anti-daylight headlight argument as per the Daily Mail article. Also, don't animals tend to freeze in front of headlights?? Anyhow, I firmly believe that decent brakes, together with modern tyre technology, ABS & EBD, are the most important factors in reducing accident rates - my experience with i10 is very positive on this front. Of course, an alert, experienced driver does help, as does educating pedestrians on the dangers of roads, including old dears!
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - FlipC
Ordered my red i10 manual Comfort on the 1st of May; haven't had it yet.

Great joy with the dealer.

flipc.blogspot.com/2008/07/pictorial-depiction-of-...l

Speaking with Hyundai directly they estimate that for a new order I'd be looking at 16-18 weeks for delivery due to the backlog. It does explain why I have yet to see a single one on the road.

Now I know the 1.2 has been launched with the same CO2 emissions I wonder whether to cancel; except with the that wait and the backlog it'd probably be next April it turns up - decisions decisions.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/07/2008 at 11:30

We are in the same boat. Original order was placed in April with estimated delivery in July. We are then told August for delivery so may as well wait for 1st Sept reg. In the meantime we find out about the 1.2 so in June we changed our order and were told we should still be ok for early Sept delivery. Latest now is delivery towards end of September so maybe 1st Oct collection.

Unless that changes again.

I've seen two private i10's around.

Is long delivery normal for a city car?
I think Hyundai were a little shocked by demand, which is why the price went up. As for delivery a couple of months seems the norm for most.

I'm still wavering as to whether to switch, depends what the dealer will give me for all this faffing about and the fact that I can't trust any delivery times for the 1.2 they tell me.

I'd be surprised if you get your 1.2 by the end of September as that's the estimate for my 1.1 "at the earliest" unless they're bumping production of the 1.1's in favour of the 1.2's.
IIRC I read somewhere that the engine plant was the sticking point, and now there is one plant doing 1.1 and another doing 1.2 they can ramp up production. Trouble is the 1.2 is going to be used in the forthcoming Getz replacement (i20) so we may be back to square one again!
Well that's what they might say ;-)

So the production of the new i10 may well be dependant on when they start the Getz, sigh.

So if the body is identical for the Comfort I'm just looking at the extra performance and any change in insurance costs with the 1.2 for ~£500 more than I'm paying. For what I'm likely to be using it for I don't think it's worth the cost and wait unless I can squeeze the dealer.

Time for yet another phone call.
Interesting the amount of comments regarding lead times, & nobody spotting i10s on the road - I too have yet to see another one! Also weird is Hyundai apparently being so cagey about delivery dates - I thought their company mission statement was all about total customer satisfaction! In saying that, my i10s remote keyfob wasn't programmed correctly. They sent a man round to my office, collected the car, fixed the problem, & washed the car. It was all very polite, & way better than 'other' customer service I have experienced...
Car runs good: I particularly like the A/C - seems they have put in a decent efficient compressor. It saps some power, but not nearly as bad as my previous Ford KA. Steering is very light - great for parking, but takes getting used to for high speed corners. black mica paint: looks great for about 1/2 hour after you've washed it!!!!
So few i10's on the road, with so much demand....so much i10 car theft soon by the thieves?
How secure is the i10?
Albert.
Albert: calm down dear! (As Michael Winner would say). Thieves are after AMG Mercs, Beemers, Audis, Jags etc. I suspect there is little value in nicking a £7k super mini. More to the point, if you were offered such a new model on the second hand market, wouldn't you be a little suspicious, & at the very least, get it HPI checked? What with Hyundai finance offering decent personal lease finance deals, it is highly likely that many i10s will stay inside the dealer network. Personally, I would be tempted to trade it in/upgrade in 3 years with my (so far) excellent local dealer. Anyway, i10 has immobiliser: this, coupled with glacial acceleration, I think will deter thieves. If there is a city car that will get stolen, it would have to be the Fiat 500.....
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - CarNovice28
1.2L has arrived in local dealership so I'm going to test drive today.

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - fluffy46
Congratulations! I put a deposit on a Hydundai i10 Style 1.2 in August and am still waiting! I have not even see an i10 on the road, let alone in the showroom! Where are they all?
Good drive - weirdly, didn't seem as responsive as a 1.1L!!

Struggled a bit on the motorway to keep to 70mph - easy to lose speed but good handling and suspension.

I feel a purchase coming on!

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - mattbod
Ah but can you purchase them? No point in considering a car if a dealer is going turn you away. As a younger guy I think too that a C1 is more appealing. Looks funkier and the little Toyota triple is a characterful little thing, won best engine in its catagory in the World Engine Awards if i remember correctly and goes very well for a sub one litre even though you have to push it. The i110 looks a wee bit characterless to me.
Only problem with the Aygo/C1 is that they have a stupidly small boot which while that sounds picky, others do it better in that respect.

Ive seen a couple of i10s around, looks like a bigger, more solid Amica to me, but thats no bad thing really - it means reasonable interior space.

I do agree on the 3 cyl engine though, Im not sure but it wouldnt suprise me if the unit in the Aygo is some relation of the 1.0 3cyl in my Charade ( what with the Daihatsu-Toyota connection ) and I find it to be a superb engine.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - apple
For those who have decided on i10, quick get to your dealer this weekend. The price is going up as from Monday 10th. I ordered mine 2 days ago and my dealer told me that the price is going up on Monday!
The price went up because the £ went down.
HJ

Edited by apple on 08/08/2009 at 00:17

Korean cars ... made in India - No wonder This Sceptered Isle has gone down
the pan !

I remember as a child I heard the adults making dun of japanese products. Every time when something breaks I always hear remarks like 'Made by the Japs!'. Look at where they are now.
Thinking of the current diesel thread, this is another example of a petrol engine with lots of low-down torque and excellent economy. The case for diesel city cars is a weak one nowadays with cars such as the Aygo/C1/107, Sirion and i10 around.
Thanks for your views guys.

I did test drive an Aygo but found ti such hard work.

I couldn't imagine driving that on a long-term basis.

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - -=SWIN=-
After testdriving the C1/Aygo/107, who to us felt more like a tin can dragged down the road, we bought a i10 1.2.

Very satisfied, much more refined engine than the 1.1.
My wife drives around on fourth gear almost all the time, eccept on motorways, when she uses third gear - the engine is so quiet, that there is no difference.

A very civilized and mature small car, we are very satisfied.
After several months OH is still chuffed with his i10 (previously had a Saab 9-5 estate). He is particulalry enjoying getting into small gaps in the office car park. I find it quite a nice little car to be in, generally quiet and comfy. My main complaint is that if you are on a poorly surfaced road, the ride is very harsh.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - LondonBus
The i10 has very long delivery times.

We ordered one just before scrappage started. ESP ordered, so factory build.

Told "13 weeks - July" (should be August)

My wife phoned the dealer. They couldn't find the order.

The manager phoned back, confirmed they had the order and confirmed that we were entered on the Hyundai system (i.e they knew they had to build a car for us).

System showing "in factory" which means that its not yet clear if the car has been built yet.

Once it has been built, will take 30 days to ship from Chennai, plus two weeks from landing at Tilbury to release to us.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - MVP
A friend bought his new I10 around last night - what a lovely looking little car. Very solid looking, a good "clunk" when you shut the doors. Interior finish is fairly basic but perfectly acceptable.

Only had it a week but getting 50mpg around town

With black metalic paint and AC he paid £5k on the scrappage scheme - a bargain in my book

MVP
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - jbif
what a lovely looking little car. Very solid looking, a good "clunk" when you shut the doors. Interior finish is fairly basic but perfectly acceptable. >>

I have read that both the i10 and i20 are built in Chennai, India. It shows that Hyundai have made a good car and that the "made in India" tag is not holding back the sales.
www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/item.htm?id=6466

The City Rover that was made in India too. It goes to prove that the problem was with the owners/designers (i.e. Rover) and not the country of manufacture.
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Rich320d
Been working at a Hyundai dealer in Europe for the last year, so I've driven and PDi'd many i10's.

They are generally very well made, with no major problems.

There is a degree of clutch judder in them all, but I dont think its a fault, its more a feature, probably slightly weak engine mounts allowing movement.

The 1.2 engine is a gem, free revving and powerful for its size. Also has a cam chain, so no belt to replace.

A few notes:

The middle rear seat belt buckle is hidden up a pouch in the seat back, lift the squab seat base to find it.

Every i10 I have inspected has a low coolant level from the factory. Maybe its slightly underfilled in production and may also settle in transit, but make sure its topped up when you take delivery and check it monthly as if it gets too low the engine might overheat. The coolant expansion tank is at the back left side of the engine bay, screw cap marked 'Engine coolant'. Ensure it is topped up to the 'F' full mark.

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - moonshine {P}
Thanks Rich - top tips, I'll remember to check the coolant on mine when it eventually arrives... Hoping for September....
Interesting comment on clutch judder: I have found this seems to occur more with the AC on, & when engine is warm. I thought it was a fault, but if you learn to pull away smartly, avoiding slipping the clutch too much, there is not a problem. A child was sick in the back the other day: removing back seat is a TOTAL PAIN! I had to remove bolts, which are at nose level when using a socket set - rather unpleasant...
Incidentally, I found a fantastic product at the vet, designed to get rid of animal smell - really effective on human smells too!!!
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - bell boy
There is a degree of clutch judder in them all, but I dont think its a fault, its more a feature, probably slightly weak engine mounts allowing movement.

>
>>>>>>thanks for that,im going to try that one next time i have a car in with a wobbly plate
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - PaulaR
I have also bought a Hyundai i10, not today but last Thursday! Alpine Blue and I just love the colour! As a newly single lady, I am also worried about maintenance etc. How often should I do the usual water and oil checks? I have taken advantage of the Gov scrappage deal so got £2000 off the price, the car I had before was an Astra 1.7 TDi and they are so totally different to drive, I feel like I am driving like the very first time I sat behind a wheel!

Whenever I pull away, I feel like I am going to stall it, and Im still changing gears like a newbie!! I have only done 201 miles so far so should improve.

Also, as there is no red line indicator on the petrol gauge, at what point do I panic about filling up? I also do not like the fact there are no intermittent wipers (or I may just have not found them yet!)

So whining over, I really like it! Plenty of room, reasonably comfy, it ticks all my boxes, what more can a girl ask??

We bought a Hyundai i10 today - bell boy
>>it ticks all my boxes what more can a girl ask??

a good looking hunk like me sat at the side of you? ;-)

{edited to remove the >>'s at the start of your reply so that people don't think that you're still quoting the original post}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/07/2009 at 11:23

a good looking hunk like me sat at the side of you? ;-)

exactly what a girl needs :) and one with mechanical know how and a good taste in music (not to mention...money, manners ;)
We bought a Hyundai i10 today - Harleyman
Whenever I pull away I feel like I am going to stall it and Im
still changing gears like a newbie!! I have only done 201 miles so far so
should improve.
Also as there is no red line indicator on the petrol gauge at what point
do I panic about filling up? I also do not like the fact there are
no intermittent wipers (or I may just have not found them yet!)

I suspect the clutch takes a bit of getting used to; I didn't stall the one I test drove but it wasn't the easiest one I've used either; a small problem though and I suspect it'll become easier with practice. I did like the fact that it's easy to drive when you've got workboots on, not something you usually find with small cars; Fiats were notorious for this and my ex-missus' Saxo was a real pain.

As for fuel; apparently the tank holds 35 litres, which gives you a range of about 350 miles I'd guess. I suggest that it's good practice to keep the tank at least a quarter full; at todays prices that means it'll take a good twenty quids worth.

You are right, there is no intermittent wiper; I have to say that this surprised me on a car which includes electric front windows and aircon as standard; a minor detail though but as you say annoying if you're used to one.

Mine's blue too; well it will be when we get it in September!
Thanks Harleyman

My worst nightmare yesterday, got to the garage to fill up (fuel is just above 0) and NO PURSE!! I had left it in my office in my haste to get out of work! Managed to get home (no money there either as I am housesitting) and back to work ok, phew,,,just not sure how much fuel left when the light comes on (which it hasnt yet)

Good news, didnt stall once on the way home or back to work this morning :-)

Just as a note, I ordered my car late May. It arrived at Tilbury Docks on Friday 10th July and it was at the dealers in Spalding by the Saturday!

The more I drive it, the more comfortable it feels, the gear stick placement doesn't feel as strange (although I did try and change gear using a bottle of water which I had put in the console) I am getting used to using the foot rest and have managed to move quite a lot of my stuff into storage in one hit.

I would most definately recommend this car.
I ordered mine 2 days ago. Since then I have read some horrendous feedback on the i10. I am getting quite concern. i10 is relatively new car and I cant find any review/feedback which is more than a year old. For those who bought the earlier version, are you still happy with it?
I ordered mine 2 days ago. Since then I have read some horrendous feedback on
the i10. I am getting quite concern. i10 is relatively new car and I cant
find any review/feedback which is more than a year old. For those who bought the
earlier version are you still happy with it?

Where did you read the horrendous feedback? I've ordered an i10 and specifically searched for negative feedback and couldnt find any. HJ thinks the i10 is the muts nuts and gives it 5 stars.
Where did you read the horrendous feedback? I've ordered an i10 and specifically searched for
negative feedback and couldnt find any.

That was my primary reason for buying; well that, the price and the 5-year warranty.

Only negative I found was the lack of an intermittent wipe which i've already mentioned.

For such a small car it goes quite well; I'd considered the Citroen C1 first but the Hyundai's rather more powerful which will make the occasional long trip more bearable, plus it's very roomy inside. Lack of rear space isn't an issue for us as back seats will be rarely used.
The only negative things Ive read about the i10 are the firm seats and equally firm ride, which having driven one for half a day, was the reason we didnt buy one, but other than that its a very good package.
I think I may be a bit paranoid and have never bought a new car especially a new model. i10 is still fairly new with no negative history in this country. The feedbacks I read were from India where they were first manufactured and sold. I would like to think that they have sorted out all the teething problems by now. Or have they? The reviews from this forum are mainly people who only had their cars for a few months.
This is the first time we have ever bought a new car as well. Yes, its a new model but it's not like its an overly complex citreon or renault (not that I would ever buy French anyway).

The 5 year warrenty gave me the confidence to buy one. They are selling so fast that hyundai are having big problems supplying them, we wont get ours until September - this also gives me confidence that they are selling so well.

Like Harleyman said, they are surprisingly roomy inside, when I first sat in one I was shocked at how spacious it seemed, very tardis like.

What model did you go for?
We have had ours just over a year I think. OH is still very, very happy with it. No problems whatsoever, though to be fair we do less than 7k a year, though it is used everyday.

It is a small car, but it feels more like a Fiesta sized car than super-mini size. Boot is small though. We are actually going on a 4 day holiday in it soon, in preference to my Primera (broken window which I haven't got around to fixing). Easy to drive, parking is much easier and it does double the mpg.

We have the 1.1 Comfort in black. The interior trim is cheapish and the ride is harsh, but it represents excellent value for money and we preferred it to other cars like the Sirion. I agree though, that the real test will come with how reliable it is and how Hyundai UK respond to any problems. Currently, however, we are still very happy.
Got back today from our mini break to Durham. The i10 was fine and even the long run of Manchester to Durham on the A1, then M6 coming back, wasn't too bad, though I was glad to stretch my legs when we stopped for a break. OH reckons overall mpg was around 50, which is less than I thought it would be tbh as we had a few long runs.

There are four of us and luggage space was tight by the time we had bought a few things. I don't think we could do a long trip or, say, camping in the i10. I can recommend the East Durham Premier Inn (Dragonville) as a good base for exploring the surrounding area. Souter lighthouse was good too and Tynmouth is quite the upmarket trendy place now.

50mpg fully loaded is pretty good if you ask me. Dont forget that for a small car the effect of additional weight is greater. I friend of mine who is into kit cars says that the weight of even one passenger has a marked effect on performance and is very noticable on a light weight kit car.
Also worth noting that the latest version with the 1.2 engine appears to return better mpg. OP has the 1.1 engine.
We've just taken delivery of an i10 Comfort, 1.2 engine.

Lovely little car - replaces my wife's 1997 VW Polo, 1.4CL.

The i10 drives well. Quite peppy although on the motorway, when accelerating on an upgradient noticeable that one has to change down to 4th.

Some of the interior plastics are quite hard and cheap, but the car is well equipped. We found that the seats were more comfortable that the ones on the demonstrator.

Recommended.
Good stuff, we are looking forward to getting ours soon.

When did you order yours? We ordered at the end of June IIRC, been told it will be Sept before delivery - not that we mind, no great rush as scrappage car has plenty of MOT and tax left. Would prefer to wait a bit longer now anyway and get it on a 59 plate.
We ordered ours in early May.

The only option we specced was ESP - the car is in red, so no charge for pearl/metallic paint.

I think it would have arrived at Tilbury 10 days ago.

It took 13 weeks from order for the car to come.
Thanks, we went for red as well - its a 'nice' red and I think bright colours suit small cars well.