05 air bag light does not come on. - abazat
hi

I bought a yaris 55 plate Cat D last year it runs fantastic. Now that i want to sell the car i have noticed that the air bag light does not come on even when i bought it and am not sure what to do about it now. I want to make sure whoever buys it buys a safe car with everything working.

Edited by Pugugly on 02/03/2008 at 22:47

Air Bag Not coming on - Screwloose
abazat

I expect the bulb was taken out when the "repairer" found out how much a new airbag ECU is. Once fired they must be replaced; so you were stitched.

Get a Toyota dealer to assess the damage to the airbag system and quote you for repairs; avoid any shyster that claims to be able to "reset" or "clear crash data" from the ECU as there's little chance of the ECU firing twice.

Were all the seatbelts replaced after the crash too?
Air Bag Not coming on - abazat

well i got it for a bargain price £3400 mate of the family so i knew i had some spare cash for anything that goes wrong.

i think the seatbelt are the same from what i hear if your seatbelt is not on while driving a yaris then it reminds you verbally so i think Air bag and Belts are connected . 'avoid any shyster that claims to be able to "reset" funny you should say that because i just found a local garage on the net that says it can reset the ECU.

Do you have to go to a toyota dealer or can a normall garage with the diagnostic equipment
do the job.

You'll need a dealer to do the job of configuring a new ECU.

Those who claim to be able to "reset" a fired ECU [something even it's manufacturers can't do] risking lives for a quick profit, are the lowest form of scum and should be hunted down and killed.
Air Bag Not coming on - abazat

ok thanks for your reply will take down to a dealer first thing you wouldn't happen to know roughly how much it could cost just want to calculate i have and can afford

I'll leave it for them to tell you; it will depend on what sort of cover-up job the seller did on it.