02 alarm keeps going off. - 02Astraconv1.8
Well i got woken up this morning at 3:00am and 5:00am and every since i have been trying to find out what is going on with my alarm.

I bought the 1.8 Bertone convertible yesterday. is on 02. Is kinda standard...bar steinmetz full kit etc (think it was all done at factory, not sure)

Anyway.. at 3:00am is blasts the horn at me. I unlock and re-lock car, 2 secs and its going off again!!! Ran down the stairs and went out to it. Held down the 2 interior light buttons then locked it again!...to my delight i thought i had solved it.

5:00am comes along, now there is a different noise! not the horn any more. I think its the power sounder!!!??? sooo.... i just unlocked it and re-locked it...and it has not gone
off again yet!!!

I have read up on the power sounder articles on the net and just wondered if anybody else knows dif???

Please help, im so tired, thankfully it happened on weekend.

Dan

Edited by Webmaster on 15/01/2008 at 13:48

02 alarm keeps going off. - oldpostie
My son's car alarm was set off by a spider. It 's worth checking !

02 alarm keeps going off. - Dynamic Dave
Could be a number of things.

1. Bonnet pin switch out of allignment (common problem on Omega's apparantly)
2. Failing power sounder batteries (yes, has it's own battery back up)
3. Water ingress into power sounder or connecting plug. Have seen mention on another forum about the connecting plug not being fully connected to it's socket.

Power sounder resides in the nearside wheel arch if you want to take a look at the state of the wiring.
02 alarm keeps going off. - Ruperts Trooper
Probability is failure of the backup battery in the powersounder. Their life is variable, from two years upwards.
02 alarm keeps going off. - topbloke
power sounder battery is knackerd, dont even bother taking apart and trying to replace batteries, more trouble than its worth and you will not be able to reseal it effectively, if you look in the wheel arch behind the wheel there should be a raised bump the power sounder will be behind this, usually near side fron but some times other side hence looking for the bump