(92-97) - Wet interior after it's been raining - Greg R
I own a toyota carina e 2.0.

There seems to be a leak that I cannot locate.

The carpet of the passengers seat on the right (behind drivers seat) is damp after it is raining. In addition to this, in the boot on the right (where the jack is stored) gets wet after it is raining.

Where can this be coming from and how do I solve this problem.

With thanks
Greg

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/12/2007 at 16:51

Hi

Please someone help!!!

The footwell that is damp is on the rear carpet behind the passenger.

Thanks

Hi

I have tried greasing the seals. Will this help? Are there any kits to seal the sun roof for example?
(92-97) - Wet interior after it's been raining - grumpy100
Hi

I would be surprised if its the door seals. Often the point of ingress of water can be some distance from the collection point of the water. I would look and see if there are any cables or wires passing nearby the problem and see if they are 'carrying;' the water from where it is entering the car. It may be a faulty ariel seal or light cluster seal or something like that.

Also yours is a failry old car. Is it possible that there is a hole in the floor from which the water is entering as you frive along in the rain. Does it get wet in the car of you leave it standing in rain or only if you drive it in rain?

I'm not an expert. I hope thats been of some help.
(92-97) - Wet interior after it's been raining - Big John
Could be the sunroof drain pipes have become blocked or detached! Try pouring water into the sunroof drain channels and see if it enters the car.