M Reg - wiring diagram for heater fan - daughters_with_cars
The fan speed is controlled by a 4 position rotary switch - very inacessible and has died. I have the connector off the back with 4 cables. White/grey black blue and green(?). White has power on it.

Anyone help with how to get me home ? It's raining hard and the windscreen steams up.

White to blue - speed 1 , white to green - speed 2 , white to black - speed 3 ??

thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/12/2007 at 13:47

wiring diagram for heater fan - Screwloose

What exact year?
wiring diagram for heater fan - daughters_with_cars
Hi - it's M reg ... {yep, you've guessed it, edited in. DD}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/12/2007 at 13:48

You should have a live on the light blue and the 1-4 speeds are: blue; grey/red; white/black and orange respectively.
Thanks ! - I will go outside and give it a go .. hopefully will get home tonight without too mush hassle. ;-)
hmm - I only have four wires :

Grey green blue black

connector :

grey thick green thin n/c blue thin black thick

??

You'll just have to wing it; both my data sources give the same colours - but Fiat are notorious for changing these things.
wiring diagram for heater fan - normd2
the blower on my car doesn't work either - yes it gets misted up standing still but clears after a while under way. Be careful what you wipe the window with; a sleeve or glove may just leave you with a dripping wet window just as hard to see out of - you need to dry it to see out of it. Any towels you could 'nick' from work.
wiring diagram for heater fan - Another John H
Looking at a truly terrible diagram in a "Lyndsay Porter" 6 car book - it shows the wiring, but not the colours inside the blower unit, only external wire colours.
I don't think they intended you to delve there.

However, if you have the 4 wires off the fan switch it should cause no harm to dab the power on to each of the other three wires in turn - that's all the switch would do. One of the wires is direct to the motor - for maximum speed (the other two are via dropper resistors for the slower speeds).

If there is no joy, the motor is open circuit, or has lost its earth connection - the earth being a black wire going GOK where.