2006 1.25 - idle problem - pricklepuss
Hi,
My girlfriends 2006 ford ka 1.25 has a fault at idle, she has been told by the ford dealer that the car is fine at both the 1000m/inspection and first year service, but having driven it myself there is definatley a fault! This is her first car so she just accepted the main dealers assurance that the car behaves as it should.

What happens is that as soon as you drop the clutch the engine will rev up, then die down, then rev up, then die down, etc.. It doesnt feel like it will stall as the revs die down, the revs just pulse!
It does this about 2 out of 3 times that you need to use the clutch, the other times it either idles fine or idles too fast!
It doesnt seem to do it from cold, though i need to road test it more to check this.
I have tried dropping the clutch at speed and the engine pulses the same as if you were stationary.
If you put the car in neutral and bring the clutch back up the engine will very occasionally settle to a normal idle.
if you rev the engine or hold the revs up for a bit when it starts pulsing it makes no difference, it will settle back down and start pulsing!

I hope this all makes sense, ive tried to be thorough without going on too much!
So far it seems to be a fault once the car is up to temperature, though i need to drive it more first.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/12/2007 at 10:04

2006 1.25 - idle problem - Screwloose

A 1.25 or a 1.3 Duratec?

It's a known problem; get it back to the dealers as a specific fault - bonus-earners doing servicing don't want to spend any time on things like this.

It'll be one of the well-known idle flare causes. Throttle sensor signal; clutch switch; idle valve, or software issues.