Car attacked by bird! - Ian (Cape Town)
Specifically, a wagtail - Motacilla capensis
Ther little bleeder must have a nest somewhere in the garden, and has taken to attacking his potential rival (ie himself!!!) in the side mirrors of my car.
In his excited state, he also poos everywhere, so the sides of the car and mirror housings are covered in putrid yellow muck, and the mirrors themselves and side wndows have a blurred appearance where he beats himself against the glass.
All this, along with his warcry of chee-chee-chee at 5:30 in the morning!
I now have to carry paper bags in the car, to put over the mirrors at night when i get home!
Car attacked by bird! - Happy Blue!
But you don't get cold winters do you?!
Car attacked by bird! - Big Bad Dave
Your bird sounds really stupid Ian. My bird is really clever, in fact, quite astonishing in his use of the automobile. He's a magpie and he takes big nut things (not sure what they are exactly) and totters out with them into the road. Then he sits back and waits patiently until a passing car has squashed them thus releasing the tasty innards which he then eats. Three times I've seen him do this so it can't be a fluke. Quite incredible. It's a busy road too, he has to be very careful.
Car attacked by bird! - Shaz {p}
Crow or raven by any chance?

Saw this on a programme. Doing this at a busy intersection - even waited for the lights to change red before sweeping down to pick up!
--------------------------------------------------------
04 Alfa Romeo 156 SW JTD 20v - Loving it.
Car attacked by bird! - gmac
A crow was doing this (breaking walnuts not knocking himself stupid on a door mirror) at our local bus stop on Wednesday evening.

Edited by gmac on 26/10/2007 at 12:19

Car attacked by bird! - Big Bad Dave
Magpie

Must be common thing in bird circles.