vin number on display - milkyjoe
i was checking my tax disc expiry date today as i never get a reminder and noticed that the cars vin number is on full display on a small metal tag attatched to the bulkhead trim at the bottom of the windscreen passenger side, i thought this was suppose to be out of view to deter cloning ?
vin number on display - Dynamic Dave
Vauxhall & Ford (and no doubt many others) have been displaying it there for several years now. At one time I can also remember it being etched into the windows.
oh, so i can tell dvla that i lost my log book but if i supply them with a valid vin number i can get hold of a log book for a car i dont own then?
vin number on display - Number_Cruncher
>>At one time I can also remember it being etched into the windows.

We used to do this at the PDI**. At one point, we would use the car's registration number, but, with the rise in popularity of prat plates, it became easier and less hassle to use the chassis number.

** Yes, on more than one occasion, the workshop dullard etched on the wrong number!

To prevent such embarrasment, I kept an old side glass behind my toolchest, which I used to do a "dry run" after loading the stencils into the etching gun - it saved me a red face a time or two!

Number_Cruncher
vin number on display - bell boy
milkyjoe im sure that mr big in the underworld doesnt want to clone your daywoo sleep tight :-)
vin number on display - Pugugly {P}
BB you should be in Crime Prevention.
sure bb, im not paranoid honest, but you all think i am!!

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 15/10/2007 at 23:32