(yr 1998) Replacing centre console bulbs - DaveB
I am trying to replace bulbs in centre console that illuminate multifunction display, ie outside temp, radio station, time, date etc. Do I need to remove CD player before moving centre consul out. If so I am struggling to remove??

So far I have removed tray below radio cd player and torque screws behind ashtray and cigar lighter.
Replacing centre console bulbs - Dynamic Dave
The info can be found in the following link:-

www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96753

Scroll down to the "Interior" section, and then click on

"'How To'..... Change the Centre Console (MK4)"

and quite possibly

"?How To?..... Replace Dash and Centre Console Bulbs For LEDs (MK4)"
Replacing centre console bulbs - DaveB
Dynamic Dave, thanks for the link, I have read carefully both articles and they confirm that I need to remove the Head unit( in my case a Delco CD radio). This requires unscrewing 4 grub screws to give access to allow for the 2 u shaped extractor tools to be inserted into the head unit. Unfortunately after pushing these fully in, it wont budge?? Any ideas???
Replacing centre console bulbs - Dynamic Dave
Unfortunately after pushing these fully in it wont budge?? Any ideas???

Other than gripping them tightly, and pulling the extract tools slighty outwards as you also try and remove the stereo, no.
Replacing centre console bulbs - DaveB
OK Dave, thanks, I will try with more force tomorrow !!!
Replacing centre console bulbs - GregSwain
You might have to wriggle the removal tools around a bit whilst levering the unit out with a screwdriver or similar. Sometimes you have to do one corner at a time if the unit's particularly stubborn.