Mike H - comments re Saab not starting - Alan Clark
Hi. Just read the archive re Saab diesel not starting. You mentioned injector seals degrading and letting engine oil into the diesel. Which seal do you mean? Is it an internal one to the injector or the injector seal to block? My old faithful Mondeo (which people may recall I am having problems starting) has started to lose oil which may be a similar problem? Or is it because I moved to semi-synthetic from mineral...ooer! For the record, I have renewed the leak-back hoses today and eagerly await 6am tomorrow for the acid test. Your reply will greatly enhance my patience with the old bus!
Mike H - comments re Saab not starting - Armitage Shanks {p}
Thanks to all who posted on this query. Mike H was right on the money and thanks to his input the local SAAB garage were able to get on with the work without the week of diagnostics which his car had to have. A great example of how this forum can provide informed help to others.
Mike H - comments re Saab not starting - Mike H
Alan

Sorry, I can't be more specific. I was simply told that the "injector seals" had deteriorated. This was at about 25000 miles. It was my first diesel, and a company car, so I never really got into the guts of diesels!
Mike H - comments re Saab not starting - Alan Clark
Mike...thanks anyway. By the way, the leak back pipes didn't cure my persistant problem. Shall have to wait until I do the major service in June. Having thought about it, how would engine oil get to the injectors?
Mike H - comments re Saab not starting - David Lacey
My thoughts exactly!

MG-Rover Questions? Click on www.mg-rover.org