Confirmation that car sold re dvla - bell boy
In case its not understood about rolling car tax and recorded keepers i have today been in touch with swansea regarding v5c documents that get lost in the post both sent on different days both different vehicles.
you have to phone 6 weeks after the confirmation letter is received or its too late (i phoned 7 weeks after- ha-- too late they say)
the dvla blame the post office for non delivery but still tell you the new keeper will have to fork out £25 before they get the log book so they can retax the car in 6 months/a year.
Its basically a case of being on the ball in relation to documents sent off 6 weeks ago and tracking them,a case of doing the job for the people you are paying to do it for you

dont get caught

Confirmation that car sold re dvla - normd2
I've (allegedly) been advised that the new keeper shouldn't fill in the date on the small green slip to cover cases like this. If the V5 doesn't arrive simply fill out the V62 (?) from the post office and attach the green slip with last weeks date on it and you'll get a new V5 for free - allegedly