Diced pedestrian - Lud
No, I haven't just seen one. That would induce a much more subdued mode.

But there was a new or newish blingy black Range Rover outside the local Pakistani supermarket an hour or so ago that had sharp-looking, er, strakes is the word that springs to mind, parallel and horizontal, four or five of them, across the headlights and rear light clusters. They were narrow and sharp looking, and if made of the right metal would dice any pedestrian who wasn't vigilant at the crucial moment.

My bad-taste thought was that what with the RR's woooden trim, if any, a crash and fireball after hitting a pedestrian might result in quite a decent long pig kebab if you were from Australia or somewhere near there.

A lady was driving it, and she didn't mind a bit of throttle or getting in the way.

However these strakes may have been made of some harmless plastic that vaporises on contact.

I have never minded real bull bars which seem quite round and harmless. These things were like big-capacity egg slicers.
Diced pedestrian - cheddar
I agree Lud, these adornments should be banned, the owner would by the car if it had such protrusions in the steering wheel boss in lieu of an airbag.
Diced pedestrian - Sofa Spud
Does anyone else remember how when they first introduced those front-loading refuse lorries for unloading dumpster bins, the lifting equipment above the cab had two large steel prongs sticking foreward ready to spear straight through the back of a bus? I often wonderd ho such ehicles got through the C&U regulations and it was obvous that folding prongs should have been fitted. Before long someone else must have thought the same as all dumpster collection lorries now have folding prongs.