engine management - David Moore
Anything to worry about if the engine management light on a 309 flickers on briefly in normal driving? Its happened once. Peugeot said get the diagnostics onto it if it stays on.
Re: engine management - Godfrey H
Do you use supermarket petrol? Try changing your petrol supplier anyway. I've heard that brief flicks of the engine management light might be due to dodgy petrol.

Usual disclaimers apply - could be a complete load of tosh.
Re: engine management - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
David,

It may be a completely spurios warning, but I would still have the ECM checked for any fault codes as catching faults early can avoid damage to, for instance, Lambda Sensors and Cats. Can't see how poor petrol is going to bring the light on, unless it is upsetting Lambda signal.

Management warning lights and fault codes are not the be-all and end-all they are sometimes cracked up to be. You will often get a light on for no good reason, codes do not always lead you to the primary cause of a problem, and many faults do not generate codes at all. so don't be surprised if the report comes back "no fault found"!!

Regards, Adam
Re: engine management - David Moore
I last filled up with Optimax because it had been ran low on crappy fuel. The light came on while it was on Optimax.