Best 5 seater mpv - Geoff
Can someone please tell me which is the better car, a Nissan Almera Tino or a Toyota Corolla Versa - best car/value for money - or is there a better car than those two?
Re: Best 5 seater mpv - RogerL
Citroen Picasso seems to be well liked by those that only need a two-row Mpv.
Re: Best 5 seater mpv - Honest John
The Picasso is by far the biggest selling 5-seat MPV in the UK because it does the job and the deals on it are good.

HJ
Re: Best 5 seater mpv - KB
I'll watch the replies you get with interest, Geoff, having had a look at all the mini MPV's in that sector. I would expect others to include a few more to compete. The list might read....

Multipla.
Scenic.
Picasso.
Berlingo Multispace.
Kangoo Combi. (now in 4x4 as well).

All of these have things in their favour. The Nissan and Toyota must deserve serious thought just on the basis of their reliability. The Toyota, in my opinion, is better built and the 'classiest of all those in question. The Fiat is really roomy, economical(diesel), has lots of useful features, is only 3995mm long and has to be worth a look, but the fact that it's a Fiat puts lots of people off. They remember how awful they could be. The Scenic didn't get to be as popular as it is without being any good, but remember there's a new one out next year, and Renaults link with Nissan may hopefully increase the reliability figures. The Citroen is cheap, popular and has an excellent Hdi diesel engine but compared to the Toyota seemed a bit flimsy to me and also I think it will lose it's value quicker. The Berlingo and Kangoo are more 'useful' than 'desirable' but have bags of room and would make great workhorses.

If you like the looks and the quality aspect of the Toyota, and don't need the extra versatility that some of the others have i.e. 6 seats in the Fiat, rubber mats and sliding side doors in the Berlingo/Kangoo........then the Verso has to be the one. The dealers have a good reputation (and I've found my local dealer's service department to be fine), it is brand new and very safe and is (along with the Nissan), unlikely to go wrong.

But then, who am I to say?

KB.
Re: Best 5 seater mpv - Trevor Potter
But then, who am I to say?

About as good as anybody, in my opinion
Re: Best 5 seater mpv - Ian Cook
Based on my own experience of car sharing with a Renault Scenic on holday in Scotland last year, if you are considering this vehicle please ride in the back of it and make sure that you are happy with it.

In my opinion it is one of (if not the most) uncomfortable cars to travel in on anything other than a billiard table smooth road. If you're just going to put the kids in the back and never take discerning adults for a ride then you might be alright.

Ian
Re: Best 5 seater mpv - Kenny
Although one size down on the Almera/Corolla the Toyota Yaris Verso has an amazing amount of space. Looks a bit strange though.
Re: Best 5 seater mpv - ChrisR
Ian

I absolutely agree with you about the Scenic, but you're the first other person I've heard express this view. You keep smacking your head on the pillar behind the door on even slight undulations, and the suspension is back-jarringly hard, made worse by the fact that you're practically sitting on top of the rear wheel. Oh, being able to move the rear seats backwards and forwards to give more shoulder room doesn't help. It's far too narrow for three moderately sized adults, the seats themselves are undersized and made from reconstituted granite. Cars this size should be four seaters with only the option of an occasional fifth if you really must. Only the FIAT does the three in a row thing properly, and that's the width of a Transit.

Chris
Re: Best 5 seater mpv - Ian Cook
Nice to find a kindred spirit, Chris - and you're right in what you say about its width. The vehicle is a very clever package, but not for my old bones!

Ian