Fiesta 1993 1.4I driverdoor lock problem - reel2reel
Hi
Girlfriends Fiest 1993 L reg driver door wont shut, cam looks as if will not retract, taken cover off, there appears to be a pair of contacts, if you short these with screwdriver retracts, all other aspects of central locking work ok and other doors as well.
Any ideas how to fix
Andy
Fiesta 1993 1.4I driverdoor lock problem - Saltrampen
Obviously you've tried lubricating it, but if it is just the driver's door not clunking shut (I guess this is key turned central locking), then something maybe misaligned or corroded. Trace the system back from the contacts, what is normally pushing the contacts together or what is touching them? and is that worn/misaligned or corroded?
The fact that the screwdriver makes it work suggests solenoid/motor is OK.
In my old car (not a fiesta) the problem was that the amount of rotation in the drivers lock had reduced meaning less movement in the rod connected to the central locking system.

Fiesta 1993 1.4I driverdoor lock problem - bell boy
If you mean the door wont stay shut then this is a common problem on mk 3/3/5 fiestas the mechanism wears out,ive tried fixing them but you really need to replace
quite simple really make sure you get the right side thats all
3 door can be substituted for 5 door models but you have to take the cover off and prise the longer/or shorter cable off to replace with your own correct length
20 minute job on a mk 3 all in
Fiesta 1993 1.4I driverdoor lock problem - allan doc
How do you take of the mk3 door? I had one of these cars around 3 year ago and could not extract the pins to take the door off. I bought the tool to extract the pins but they did not budge even after extreme force. Any ideas?
Fiesta 1993 1.4I driverdoor lock problem - bell boy
you need heat
and lots of it
even then you may have to chop the old door to bits to get the old pin out a bit at a time and cut it off with the torch
took 5 minutes to get a corsa door off today
takes 1 minute to get a mk 1 punto door off
fords eh
Fiesta 1993 1.4I driverdoor lock problem - reel2reel
Thanks everyone
Went round about 3 scrapyards, turns out hers is an early 1993, they changed them later in the year and the only one I could find. Got one, wiring is similar but blows 20a fuse when operates. So solenoid wiring must be internally different although the 4 wire colours are the same

Its the spring in the cam thats gone, guess I will have to buy a new one Lol.
Andy