Vauxhall Zafira Central Locking Problem - drew1103
I have a 2001 Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 DTi and recently I have been having problem with the central locking. When I use the key it doesn't always lock all the doors. I have changed the key to the spare, changed the battery to a new one, but still have the same problem. It doesn't always happen, but it is getting more and more frequent. Any ideas?
Vauxhall Zafira Central Locking Problem - Number_Cruncher
Check the wiring as it passes between the body and the troublesome door. Because this wiring flexes everytime you open the door, it is quite vulnerable to breakage, and so, this would be the first place I would look at with an intermittent central locking fault.

Number_Cruncher
Have checked the wiring on all 4 doors (and the rear hatch). All seems to be in order. Absolutely nothing when prrssing the key, althought the red light on it flashes. Bit concerned as I am unable to dead lock the doors and if on the odd occasion it does work, when they are dead locked I can't open them again.
Vauxhall Zafira Central Locking Problem - Victorbox
I believe you can still unlock a deadlocked door using the key in the driver's door lock.
On the latest model Zafira the locks won't operate if the driver's door is not latched properly, perhaps yours is the same?
Can unlock the drivers door from the dead lock, however unable to unlock the other doors as none of them (with the exception of the rear hatch door) have keyholes to put the key in. I thought that the fault may be in the key, but as I've tried the spare with the same result, i now suspect that the fault may lie in the locking gizmo inside the car. Do you know where it is and can it be re-programmed?
Vauxhall Zafira Central Locking Problem - Dynamic Dave
Have you tried re-sync'ing the key fobs as per the info in the handbook?

Key in ignition, turn till you get the dash lights, then press the fob buttons within 30 seconds. If successful the C/L will trigger.
Tried syncing the keys - no joy. Thought I'd check the fuses as a last resort before I went to the garage, found it was the fuse which had blown. Would have cost £60 for a diagnostic, cost £2 for a pack of new fuses.
Vauxhall Zafira Central Locking Problem - SpamCan61 {P}
Sounds like the lock mechanisms are getting a bit sticky as the car gets older, might be worth trying to lubricate the linkages, if that is possible without taking half the car apart.