Citroen Saxo Bunny Hops - Kobius
Hi,

I've recently become the owner of a 1.1 Petrol Citroen Saxo. The first problem we've had with it is a very common problem, that it's very hard to start. The idol is far too low, and we initially assumed it was a problem with the ECU, but more recently have come to think that it's a problem with the little stepper motor.

To fix the idol, I could simply hold my foot on the accelerator whilst the car was stationary. But lately, the car has been doing bunny hops. I'll keep my foot on a speed around 20mph, and it will slow down, and then speed up and then slow down and then speed up etc etc.

It's very hard to control, and really need to get this sorted. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Kobius.
Citroen Saxo Bunny Hops - Screwloose
Kobius

First question: is there a possibility that it's been affected by the recent fuel contamination?

Secondly: what year; what mileage and, if possible, what's its engine code?

Thirdly: when did it last have a set of plugs and what make are they?
Citroen Saxo Bunny Hops - Kobius
I don't think that's a possibility, as I've only filled it up twice, and not at a supermarket.

The year is 2000, 36,000 miles and I'm not sure about the engine code. I have bought a new stepper motor, as that has stopped working. Although I'm not sure if it could stop the bunny hops, which have something to do with the air intake.

I'll get back to you on the plugs.