306 hdi injectors or alternator pulley? - scfc_151
I know theres has been lots of discussion on 306 hdi injector rattle and i have read the posts but i just need some clarification.

I know that both the injectors and alternator pulleys have common faults on these cars. When reving to around 3200rpm there is a definate ticking noise from the engine but how can I tell whether this is injectors or a worn pulley?

I dont want to spend time and money on investigations if there is a simpler way of telling. Also when the engine is started and is cold the alternator does whistle until warm and the belt has been renewed and correctly tentioned-would this accur if the pulley was worn

My other question is if i come across some injectors (if that is the cause) i know about matching part numbers on the top of the injector but would the ecu have any problems recognising the new injectors if i get a complete set of the same number?

sorry if this is a borng post but id really like to sort this one way or another

cheers
306 hdi injectors or alternator pulley? - mss1tw
The ticking noise will go once over 3200 if it's the injectors I believe. The sound of my old HDi 90 really 'cleaned up' once it was over 3200rpm.