Peugeot 106 1.5 diesel - fuel gauge - lotteryles
I have a Peugeot 106 1.5 diesel. The fuel gauge does not work. A mechanic fitted a new sender unit but its still not working. Is
there a fuse to power this and if so where is it located? Also could you please tell me how to replace the fuel gauge assembly?

Peugeot 106 1.5 diesel - fuel gauge - 659FBE
I have met this problem on the 106. In my case, there was a discontinuity in the flexi printed circuit behind the instrument cluster. The fuel gauge and warning light switching electronics are on a rigid plug-in board behind the fuel gauge and are connected to the vehicle wiring via the flexi pc. Unfortunately, VDO Delphi have an insane method of connecting the many zero ohm links in the circuit to the (unplated) track using non gas tight crimp clips.

The fix in my case was to solder a link wire to the flexi pc just behind the harness connector, directly to the fuel gauge sub-pc connector - this bypasses about half a dozen zero ohm links and a very torturous piece of track. This has been a permanent fix for the last 5 years or so - the fuel gauge is remarkably accurate given the non uniform profile of the fuel tank.